Author Topic: No wake and Slow wake difference??  (Read 10773 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: No wake and Slow wake difference??
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 07:12 AM »
id never heard the whitecap distinction before either. ive allways considered wake to mean any wave action whether crested with white or not. its the wave action that does damage.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 09:12 AM »
actually think it is a good topic :angel: No wake or slow wake if one of the buoys says that is just what it means as discussed above. the no hazards marked buoys like at bartlett in the river or pleasant means from that point on nothing is going to me marked such as rock, reef or islands (you are on your own for safe navigation) as far as no wake areas I can only think of lake powell right off the top of my head where you will enter an area of no wake proceed and then come to another set of no wake buoys that would indicate you can then proceed at speed the second set of buoys would be for boats traveling the other direction. At places like bartlett and pleasant once you hit the no wakes you are to slow down the remainder of the movement up river etc. at bartlett when you hit the no hazards marked up stream just telling you look out but you must continue to proceed at no wake.

long trip into places like the river at bartlett, pleasant and coves like humbug etc. but it is for safety reasons. :dontknow:

Thx fishless. I must say since I have joined website you fishless have been so helpful. That answered my question about unmarked bouys. Like I said last post I just don't wont a ticket or any hassle.

Offline freshwater

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Sag has nummerous Slow No Wake signs in different areas

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal