Author Topic: 4/5/13 night trip at Bart  (Read 5454 times)

Offline ArZFisher

4/5/13 night trip at Bart
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:23 PM »
We got to lake arou d 7:30 pm. Water temp was 68. We found a nice lil spot dropped anchor and set out the lights. Nothing at first spot moved to another cove same routine. This time we waited for the  bait fish to school up. It took 25 mins and hooked up with first slab. Caught another 2 all over 13". Has many other bites but could not get to boat. Nothing after that. We were in between 15 and 30 ft of water depending witch way boat turned but all slabs were caught 6 to 10 ft down.

We left around 3 am. Decided to go to ihop on way home. When I was making this roundabout turn my minnow bucket fell over with about 8 dz still in it. To top it off I had in my cab of my truck.  :violent1: :banghead: so ya I learned lesson their. I was up till 8 am ripping my truck apart. Some pics below  first pic my truck empty
                 Second pic my old buddy and slab.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: 4/5/13 night trip at Bart
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 04:39 AM »
we had similar situation two weeks ago at roosevelt except in the boat!!! buddy wanted to take minnow which I never use, I said bring some so I met him in tonto basin and he had the nice stiro foam bait bucket with 3doz minnows in it. Tucked it back in the corner of the boat and headed to the lake, get to the lake and are getting gear ready and ask buddy where did you put the minnow bucket :dontknow:,didn't touch it :dontknow: then I look in the bottom of the boat, 3doz dead minnow laying all over the bottom and not bucket :o apparently it fell over dumped the water an minnows out then being light it flew out of the boat, (still finding the occasional dried out minnow in the bottom of the boat >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:58 AM »
Been there - done that. Now I always keep 6" of water in the bucket (with or without minnows) when traveling.

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:51 AM »
I use one of those yellow floating buckets. BUT,, I keep it in a 5 gal. bucket at ALL time. Minnows stay alive for weeks at home and have never had it tip over,,, YET!! On the lake the minnow bucket goes in the water and I turn the 5 gal bucket upside down and use it for a table.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19 AM »
I also had them  wrapped with seat belt and still fell over. I guess we must find out hard way sometimes. Hers some more funny pics minnow everywhere!!!
Pic 1 under my rear seat
Pic 2 under the seat belt bracket
Pic 3 in my rear passenger door

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Thanks for the report.

I see there's more minnow photos then there's crappie photos. What's up with that?
Just kidding!  :laugh:
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:28 AM »
Thanks for the report.

I see there's more minnow photos then there's crappie photos. What's up with that?
Just kidding!  :laugh:

Just how night was. I got two more pics of slabs one female and one male I caught. Also I just remembered on way back to ramp we ran into two raccoons swimming in lake I got a pic. Ill post it two never seen raccoons in water before.

Pic 1 female just over a pound with eggs coming out.
Pic 2 large male over 1.5
Pic 3 Raccoons

Offline whaler

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 03:46 PM »
never seen Raccoons  in water but many on the bank, have also seen ringtail cats on shore and one badger in the water swimming at night, cool

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 11:08 PM »
never seen Raccoons  in water but many on the bank, have also seen ringtail cats on shore and one badger in the water swimming at night, cool

Their is lots of wildlife at that lake that's for sure. I think it might be my new favorite lake. I do have my biggest slab caught out of their just last month so....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal