Author Topic: Spring Crappie-Fest 2013 Results  (Read 2646 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Spring Crappie-Fest 2013 Results
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 07:32 AM »
scf 2013 memoir

the year of the slabs: hurray rosey comes through as the perfect host. with crappies on the feed bag everyone was in the hunt. the    weather cooperated and no one broke down or got hurt. turnout was perfect and the money flowed to the team that made the best move under the circumstances. a fine production all around.
much respect to cuzlll and team. allways willing to change tactics larry went where few of us dare to go, casting for spawning fish. working the targeted shoreline like a basshole, no wonder i couldnt find him haha, the team pulled in a 12lb+ bag. nice. and a big momma at 2.77 that darn near scored him a bage in the 3 lb club as well as 400 bucks.
it was the year of the casters. fishless scored over a ten lb bag. bruce put one over on us trollers with the zebco blazing. if larry hadn't switched up fishless woulda shoulda coulda showed us all up. it was excellent to have him join us and to update us on goings on at f and g.
a new voice in the crew papermouth brought some respect to the trollers with a 9lb plus bag. trolling deep water he confused all who never ventured deep as the trollers were looking for shallow staging slabs. nice to have a knew voice in the crew, welcome and nice job to papermouth.
much thanks again as usual to Kelly and david and campin nana for all the work done slaving over the boiling oil on a hot day . much respect.
and fearless leader was in his element with the beauty chowda, the flawless running of the meeting and the staying up late pulling guard duty. the Montana sighned poster was nice and well deserved. way to go piscolli.
personally I met a new buddy when I sported bills homey rom and his son Elijah for fishing. had a great time and we caught the most fish Friday so Elijah and I had a cool time settin up all the rods and rigs Friday eve. jacking both of us up. then in the am we bagged 3 fish in our first hour in the river and we thought we were in the money baby with smiles all around. Elijah scored a 1.8 lber and we had our big fish entry. our hopes were dashed by the big bags.
I must say it was the best crappie fest ever. when asked about the dominance of the casters this time art was heard to say, lets see them try it at the bob Hirsch classic. its on baby!

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 08:23 AM »
trolling deep water he confused all who never ventured deep as the trollers were looking for shallow staging slabs. nice to have a knew voice in the crew, welcome and nice job to papermouth.
Thank you for the kind words!

Great memoir!
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Piscolli

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 05:03 PM »
Eli is still talking about that slab Rats, thank you brother for showing the NorCal crew a good time. And E-Roc went out with Hawk and caught a 2.2! Thank you Billy Hawk!

It was the best SCF ever, no doubt! But as Tommy Rats said, it's now time to get ready for the Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic in Oct. In the mean time everyone enjoy the spring and summer bites and stay safe out there.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 04:46 AM »
I gots to quit promoting casting :violent1: don't want my water poached no more :bootyshake:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal