Author Topic: Electric Fillet Knives  (Read 13179 times)

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: Electric Fillet Knives
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 07:29 AM »
I wish I worked for Rapala----Can't make any money in Crappie Tournaments :crybaby2:
If one evaluates all the attributes and faults of the electric fish fillet knife, Rapala stands tall ---and---relatively inexpensive--the replacement blades are available in "almost" every sporting goods store, including Walmart .
See you on lake ( Bartlett)

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 07:44 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Rapala-Lithium-Cordless-Fillet-Knife/product-reviews/B005ZU1AJ0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The customer reviews on amazon for the Cordless - Lithium Rapala Battery are outstanding compared to all the others. Including the $50 AC/DC all in one...

The attention required to charge the damn thing scares me... People (reviewers) say the batteries last though, and you can buy a backup battery for $24..
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

wadefisherman

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 08:26 PM »
I'm with Fishless, my American angler has filleted hundreds of fish: stripers, crappie, SM, LM, catfish, Gills, Walleyes and has never failed me. I even dropped it in a livewell full of water last year at lake powell and went back to filleting after it dried out. I also like the skinny Piranha blades Bruce mentioned. Also, I really liked the knife I borrowed from Fishhawk at crappiethon.

Offline sandman

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Gotta give a thumbs-up to my American Angler. I dropped it hard the first day that I used it. I hear pieces rattling around inside it but it still keeps cutting. Filleted lots of redfish and red snapper with it and it keeps going. I have short and long Piranha blades for it. They work with many models of filet knives and they are sharp.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 03:29 AM »
one thing about battery operated models always seems like the battery dies about 10 fish from being done? :dontknow: and you have to remember to charge them etc. the 12volt model plugs into any cigarette ligther or you can clip in on a battery directly, I got sold on the 12volt when fileting out on the boat on the lake like powell etc. I am sure the rapala is a good unit also
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline kicked back

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01 PM »
My Mister Twister is about 6-7 yrs old and still works perfect. It's a 110 volt. I have processed many fish in that time and it never fails. just putt'n in my 2 cents worth. :dance:
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 10:11 PM »
My Mister Twister is about 6-7 yrs old and still works perfect. It's a 110 volt. I have processed many fish in that time and it never fails. just putt'n in my 2 cents worth. :dance:
I have two of these that I have used for 9 years and have nothing but good things to say about them. Blades are available everywhere and inexpensive. Can't go wrong.
GOD BLESS

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 10:55 PM »
What about the Bubba Blade? Anyone have or use one? Saw a commercial during crappie masters and they fillet a slab one knife. The bubba 9" flex looked bad azz. I know when I use electric I always go back with filet knife and trim out rib bones separate. Just wondering if good investment? Also in my opinion I think would save lil time with only using 1 real sharp knife for everything. Was gonna start new topic but kinda fit.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44 AM »
Believe it or not I bought a Ginzu Electric knife at BPS and love it. Has all the bells and whistles (car charger, 12 volt, 110 volt, 2 sets of blades) If memory is correct I think it was about $40.00 bucks. Blades have stayed sharp through hundreds of fish and have never even thought of replacing them.

Piscolli

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 11:28 AM »
I wanna try a Bubba Blade also but my Kershaw works fine when I need a non-electric.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal