Author Topic: Bartlett 4/17 (Night)  (Read 3257 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Bartlett 4/17 (Night)
« on: April 18, 2013, 02:19 PM »
Not much to say about this trip...

I really wanted to fish, and since my Triton is in the shop, I hit Bartlett in my 12' Aluminum with my brother Wednesday night around 9 or so. Didn't have much for power to get places so I launched from the SB Ramp and headed straight across to the 3 coves across the lake, just before Adler. I hit up 5 spots that looked decent from the little "Fishin' Buddy" Fishless let me borrow and dropped a 4' light over the side. Waited anywhere from 30-60 minutes at each spot and none produced a ball of shad. Lots of plankton with a few shad here and there, but nothing to get excited about. Got off the water when the temp and wind was too much to handle.

Had I been able to do it all over again (which I might tomorrow), I would have shown up before the sun went down and found a spot to launch around Bartlett Flats and fished somewhere along the river. The lake is so high I couldn't find anywhere reasonable to launch and park my truck.

Piscolli

Re: Bartlett 4/17 (Night)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Good to hear your back on the water bro, the fish will come.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44 PM »
still haven't found that damn bracket for the fish finder :angry4: :crybaby2: so damn senile, hope it worked ok? how did the troll motor work? ya I saw it was windy way after dark last night, can't believe you didn't get shad around your lights see bass busting the shad all the time in those coves :dontknow: sorry it was slow

but heck I headed for pleasant today with forecast winds of 5-10mph sat there for 1 1/2hrs watching 3-4' waves smash into the dock at castle ramp and watched boats crashing through waves out on the lake and decided the heck with it and came back home >:( :( wind station at pleasant still shows it is bad up there :crybaby2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 04:03 PM »
I went to Pleasant today also, but not till about 11, was surprised to see it as windy as it was but ventured forth anyway to no avail!
Went more to see how the boat/motor worked out after some changes and all was fine. (raised the motor 2 holes) Maybe picked up 2MPH WOT but more importantly I don't have all the water pushing up behind the transom.
I did mess around some for bass or whatever and caught nothing!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline freshwater

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Fished Sag today with a friend. wind was very tolarable, but the lake lice and idiots tick you off. Caught a3lb LM, a 1 1/2 lb cat a yellow bass and a blue  all caught along the shere wall just going into the narrows. all caught on bbc & minnow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal