Author Topic: Bart tomorrow night  (Read 12329 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Bart tomorrow night
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57 AM »
Two females had eggs and no males didn't not go black. 1 female was hooked and bleeding  real bad so we kept her I'm going to do little investigating when I filet in a lil bit.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Good report, wondering if the upcoming full moon is going to bring some late spawners in?
How did your newly installed LED lights work out?
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 09:14 AM »
thanks

darn males that did not go black in the livewell are either done spawning and tried when SRP was dropping the lake :angry4: which probably means a lost spawn, or they have given up, good news a couple of the females have eggs unless they are just re-absorbing them and have given up, have not heard much about a shallow bite in weeks but SRP just finished raising the lake full so hopefully they will leave it alone for a while in case there are spawners waiting to move up this full moon :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Did you get much for a ball of shad around the lights?
Did you launch at the flats or at the ramp at SB Cove? I tried launching from the Flats the other night but couldn't find a trustworthy spot to park my truck and ended up just going to SB Launch ramp.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Did you get much for a ball of shad around the lights?
Did you launch at the flats or at the ramp at SB Cove? I tried launching from the Flats the other night but couldn't find a trustworthy spot to park my truck and ended up just going to SB Launch ramp.

We noticed that thier were more minnows under lights than anything. It look like to me that we had minnows on top, shad right below them then the slabs below the shad. We also caught 1 small cat and blue. I believe we launch from the concrete ramp by the flats. Fished one spot all night. Buddies kept saying lets move then we get fish then lets move then fish. I told them we are not leaving this spot. We are catching fish here why leave.  Best bite was after midnight to around 3am then they shut off.

I'm going out in mornin to check out lake during day. Their is so much new structure in lake right now  being so high it's gonna make for some good jigging. If anyone else going let me know ill stop by and hey. Hopefully be thier around 7ish. I'm going jigging all day no live bait.  Oh and LEDs are badass they put out so much light.

wadefisherman

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 07:17 PM »
I wouldn't mind putting some if those lights in my rig, they look pretty nice. Did u get any knats attracted to them?

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 07:51 PM »
I wouldn't mind putting some if those lights in my rig, they look pretty nice. Did u get any knats attracted to them?
Actually no their was no gnats. Before when I just had transome light their would be a bunch of them flying rats. But last night I noticed their was not as many as I thought would be adding more light to boat. The LEDs are not visable to the eye. The are tucked up under a lip pointed out. They don't put off heat like regular lights and low voltage. I am looking for a replacement led bulb for my transome light then will see if a big difference. I also turn my brightness down real low on fish finder. Before when went out at night would come home with dozens of gnats dead on finder with brightness low just a few.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 01:06 AM »

I read once where bugs are attracted to the heat from the incandescent bulbs and not the light itself and therefore they should not be attracted to LED's. Not sure I am buying that? Anyone have and experience with this?
I use LED headlamps when night fishing and at times the bugs absolutely love them! I don't know about the heat thing but they will still come to the led light.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 06:39 AM »
forgot to ask with the bartlett at 100% is there much big wood floating? :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 04:01 PM »
forgot to ask with the bartlett at 100% is there much big wood floating? :dontknow:

Their is some but not as much as when they started filling it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal