Author Topic: Barlett lake-Canoe Access  (Read 5422 times)

Offline azbohunter

Re: Barlett lake-Canoe Access
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Think it is Forest Service rather than Game and Fish. Good luck!!! :violent1:
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Barlett lake-Canoe Access
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 05:48 AM »
Yup it is Tonto national forest service or as we call them "forest circus" all those roads were closed due to the fires to let the area recover which actually makes sense since bare land does not retain water well and heavy rains can be a problem. Now the area has recovered and they keep things closed due to the new off road vehicle policies that have been set by the FS. Interesting thing is none of the different forest service areas around the state have the same rules or guide lines it is so bad g an f announced that their officers would not enforce many of the rules as they made no sense. You can contact the FS and check on any plans to open roads on the north side of bartlett lake road such as going into devils hole etc. but I think you will get a run around. In defense of the FS it seems like when they open an area or road it gets abused by ATV type vehicles almost immediately where off shoot roads are created that become a problem

good luck
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal