Author Topic: Any roosevelt reports  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Any roosevelt reports
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:40 PM »
reports were flowing in going into and after SCF and then all of a sudden it has died :dontknow: was hoping to go this week to see if another group is going to move up to spawn with the full moon but it is so quiet reports wise maybe the crappie all moved up stream :crybaby2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Any roosevelt reports
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Fishless it seems to me you been fishing for slabs for a while. You got a lot of good info. I noticed you said in post maybe they moved up stream. Do mean up cause its cost temps or just moved? If temps is their a certain temp where crappies prefer? I asking cause last week at Bartlett I went up river and maid it to Beehive point on map looks like a mile from devils hole and graphed tons of fish up river and it was 63.7 degrees up river where main lake was all most 70???

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57 PM »
Sorry I'm late reporting! I took out some old friends out Thursday morning. We started out of Cholla for Methodist Cove but halfway across the wind got worse and the waves got higher so we headed a Uy back to the ramp. Longline trolling the protected area we caught 3 nice female crappie between 7:20 and 7:30 and then it shut down as we only caught 1 bass the rest of the morning.  I plan to try Wednesday and Friday this week. Kasey has been riding his quad down to Indian Point and catching a few bass from shore on Powerworms.......Art

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:38 PM »
I would of loved to try Roosevelt again after SCF in attempts to duplicate that day.  For me though, I've been preparing for our upcoming Lake Powell trip along with wanting to keep my boat dry/letting it dry out for the mussel inspection Saturday at Halls Crossing.

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 04:52 AM »
Fishless it seems to me you been fishing for slabs for a while. You got a lot of good info. I noticed you said in post maybe they moved up stream. Do mean up cause its cost temps or just moved? If temps is their a certain temp where crappies prefer? I asking cause last week at Bartlett I went up river and maid it to Beehive point on map looks like a mile from devils hole and graphed tons of fish up river and it was 63.7 degrees up river where main lake was all most 70???

no was just joking around when ever the bite dies I make a smart $#5 comment like did they move up river or leave the lake, nothing to do with the crappie moving, when they are done with love up spawning they school up and go back and suspend in the area to take back up eating.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 04:54 AM »
Hey Art did the females still have their eggs?

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03 AM »
reports were flowing in going into and after SCF and then all of a sudden it has died :dontknow: was hoping to go this week to see if another group is going to move up to spawn with the full moon but it is so quiet reports wise maybe the crappie all moved up stream :crybaby2:

I noticed that too. Maybe the guys are catching some nice slabs, but are keeping quiet so others wouldn't bother to go fishing.  :laugh:

All kidding aside, a nice gentleman gave me some information where to fish as he had some great catch rate of over 100 fish a night in the past. We'll see how that goes when I get a chance to hit Rosy again.
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Bruce, all three females were full of eggs! ........Art

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 03:19 PM »
For what its worth. Fished Roosevelt for crappies Wed, Thur, and Fri last week.
Wed: Fished the Tonto end and caught 2 crappies 4 LM bass and 3 Yellow bass. But most of the day was spent enjoying 3 to 4 foot whitecaps. (bummer)
Thur: Fished mid lake around the islands up to Sallymae. Caught 4 LMs trolling for crappies. Wind not so bad. No crappies.
Fri: Joined up with nephew and fished the Salt arm. Weather was beautiful. Each of us caught 3 LMs. (he had a 4 lber)
Not a crappie in sight. Lots of guys crappie fishing but saw no one catch any fish.
Tonto end - low visibility. Mid lake - water clear down to 5-6 feet. Salt arm Medium visibility.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:17 AM »
Thanks Art and gonfishin, man walked outside last night and the moon even though not full sure was bright, may have to see if anything is moved up this moon cycle?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal