Author Topic: Alamo 4/18-4/20  (Read 5391 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Alamo 4/18-4/20
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Spent two awesome days camping and fishing at Alamo this past Friday/Saturday with my son and some amazing friends who know how to make everyone feel like family. Set up camp Friday morning, and hit the water by 9:00am. No issues at all with minnows, in fact they were quite large, thank you Paul for keeping us nicely baited up.  All of the crappie bites came in 18-22 foot of water around the second tree line past the second buoy line up lake. Ended the trip with 12 total crappie, 11 females and only 1 male.  Only one of the females had eggs. Most on roadrunners with minnow tip. Few with bare hook minnow behind a split shot.  Few very nice bass and catfish mixed in.  Wind was kind until the normal 1:30 to 2:00. All fish happily eaten Saturday night.  Fish on everyone..
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 4/18-4/20
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35 PM »
thanks for the report, wish some of the females still had eggs sounds like the spawn is done :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Nice slabs. I wish the report would have been Alamo is on fire. Last year this month we killed it out their. In 2 weekends we caught over 100. That's fact I had people with me both times they will testify for me. We only kept 10 total. I have been wanting to go out their but no good reports. Love that lake!! Not a bunch of people just joyriding their boats truly a fishermans lake

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Sunday had a Jr Angler Bass Tournament, or we might have tried it for a third day. It was nice seeing all these kids out there Pre-Fishing before the tournament. Has to make one smile seeing all these dads without a pole running the trolling motor for their sons/daughters. We seemed to be by far the highest catch with regards to crappie. The Bow hunters, were the top dogs for both carp and Talapia.

Tom

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Nice report Tom, glad you guys were able to find some fish. Now get ready for Powell 😝

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:22 PM »
I have 3 cases of beer all ready to be dropped off at your house!

Tom

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 10:44 PM »
I have 3 cases of beer all ready to be dropped off at your house!

I'll take some 8th Street Ale please.......  Thx for the report - see ya on the big water!

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 11:18 PM »
Geez, Tom...  I have a bunch of beer also...  I guess Brian needs to take a bigger vehicle...  He'll probably want me to ride in the boat...  Wouldn't be the first time...  Ever try netting butterflies at 65 mph?  Great practice for the big show... :lol_hitting:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

wadefisherman

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Going with a bunch of alchi's, just the way I like it! :lol_hitting: we'll make room!

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54 AM »
Thanks for the report, FishMan!

Glad to see you and your son caught some nice crappie and had fun. Nothing like a father and son spending time together enjoying the great outdoors.
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal