Author Topic: Long Lake??  (Read 8264 times)

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
Long Lake??
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:57 AM »
Anyone have any info on Long Lake...  The guy that bought my boat fishes there, and says there are Walleye and Northern...  Just wondering...  Thanks...     
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Long Lake??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:56 AM »
I've taken my little boat there a couple times - few years ago had a great weekend catching very good size hold over trout, for what that's worth.  The other time I did catch a couple pike.  It gets little pressure & Game & Fish stock it with trout so I'm sure there are pretty good size Pike & Walleye in it.

Half way decent facilities for where it's at.  The biggest issue is the last part of the road in - depending on the weather it could be rutted & bumpy or half way decent the next year.  It's also up on the mesa a bit so it can be windy.  Lake is/was like chocolate milk last time I was there.  Good place to get away as not many people go there.  Although I hear more people going there so guess it's getting more popular.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Thanks Cuz...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Redmule,
I used to fish it quite a bit for both Walleye and Trout. I had a Fathers Day trip there a few years ago that was as good as any walleye fishing I have had anywhere (MN & Canada) and caught several rainbow in the line stretching class up to 25" or around 5#.
The lake dried up a year or two after that and I didn't think that the walleye survived, that was the last report that I had but that was quite a long time ago. I mean a long time ago! Probably mid 90's......for what ever it is worth.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal