Author Topic: Saguaro Lake (Saturday Night)  (Read 11694 times)

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
Saguaro Lake (Saturday Night)
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Fished Saguaro lake Saturday night (4/27/13) with my daughter and fishing buddy and caught nothing. We graph plenty of baitfish and had plenty of shad came up to the green light, but no fish. We moved around to different spots with the same poor results.

Oh well, it still nice being out on the lake enjoying the night sky and seeing my daughter happily watching hundred of shads under the boat.
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Saguaro Lake (Saturday Night)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Thx for report. Been wanting to go out their but no good reports. Never have done good out their unless we were blue gill fishing which we have some good spots were you can catch as many as you want if you bring right bait. Some were bigger than my hand. They only crappie we have caught was on the back side of marina jigging for blues. A nice 1 lb black slab.

Good to see people taking out their family and friends. We need to so the you get generation their is more to life than facebook, twitter, texting, video games etc... Get outside, its beautiful state we leave in and you can't beat a day or night on the water  :dance:

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Where are the best spots for big bluegill if you don't mind me asking? I want to take my daughter to catch some good size bluegills at Saguaro sometime, but have not been able to find the bigger ones yet.

Saguaro lake has always been my favorite lake for many years until the Golden Algae problems. There were many 6-8 lbs. bass caught there in the past that I lost count on how many. Hopefully it come back like it used to be, but time will tell.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 05:16 AM »
look for sandy gravel shores (fairly shallow), up around butcher jones beach area is good, any of the slow sloping points and shoreline will work, buddy fishes for them this time of year (they should be in the spawn mode), with a small piece of meal worm on a bobber, I went last year and caught them on my crappie jig working it out slowly from shallow to deeper water, there are some nice size gills in saguaro.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:22 AM »
Thanks, Fishless! I will give these locations a try when we get a chance to go.

Also, thank you again ArZFisher for the information and location to the bluegills.

Sam

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:14 PM »
no problem. Her is those pics
First is my buudy and his 1lb black brappie from Sag
Second Big Blue from that spot
Third is a cooler of big blues we kept and made some blue gill nuggets 

Offline Rob

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 05:06 PM »
no problem. Her is those pics