Author Topic: Tried Pleasant Wednesday night  (Read 9053 times)

Offline Palo Verde

Tried Pleasant Wednesday night
« on: May 17, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Launched about 7:30 pm

Went up Aqua fria where we had previously seen a couple boats with lighjts floating -- figured they were probably on crappie -- they looked like crappie fishermen, had lights like crappie fishermen,

Graphed quite a few fish at about 30 feet in 80-90 feet of water -- some down to about 75 feet  didn't "feel" like crappie but hope springs eternal

Put lights out and soon had lots of zoo plankton , then larvals, then lots of fish on the graph

Graph showing hundreds of fish from 25 -80 feet down (maybe thousands  ;D  :o ) tried to post pic here of graph but don't think it worked

I was suspicious, but hopeful that we had parked over the crappie convention of north america! :dance:

My son said something like "Holy sheep squat!" "lets get lines in the water!"

a zillion fish, all about 1 to 1.5  lbs. Not one of them a crappie  :banghead:
They were all ...................  something else ................

Pulled anchor about 11:30 pm and had a pleasant ride back to the dock on flat water.
Nice evening on the water with my son  :D

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Tried Pleasant Wednesday night
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:58 AM »
thanks for the report the wind has been incredibly nice in the mornings this week and not many lake lice either. Those other Fish-X are good eating.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal