Author Topic: tried Pleasant  (Read 21939 times)

Offline Palo Verde

tried Pleasant
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Last night
went up the river quite a ways just before dark time
put lights out. only  attracted a number of larval forms and a good swirl of little 3-6 inch stripers
had minnows out and anchovies for cats
caught two crappie and two stripers -- pretty slow where we were
Headed in about midnight -- this part was a pretty good adventure since the wind had seriously picked up

Offline ArZFisher

Re: tried Pleasant
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:40 PM »
Thx for report. Have not heard much out of pleasant. Did see on AZGFD last week some guy pulled out some from their. I have never caught a slab personally from their. But have really never went up river to far.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12 AM »
I used to catch crappie there all the time back in the day.  It's good to see they are still in there. 
Rocky

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 02:43 PM »
This is a crappie forum so I won't report on my Striper fishing at Lake Pleasant unless someone asks..........no crappie but we started at 6AM.
Or if you don't want striper reports send me PM if interested.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Or if you don't want striper reports send me PM if interested

Would love to hear about your "Fish X" trip(s)!!  Gonna start my Friday night "Fish X" & Crappie trips within the next week or so......   :dance:   PM sent  :greengrin:

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:23 PM »
lets petition our fearless leader to request permission to talk about Fish-X :notworthy: :notworthy: maybe a separate sub forum for Fish-X it has been crazy in the mornings :toothy10:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Maybe "Other Species" Thread.......
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 05:09 PM »
lets petition our fearless leader to request permission to talk about Fish-X  maybe a separate sub forum for Fish-X it has been crazy in the mornings

Summers are a bit slow around here Crappie wise.  Other than a few of us that night fish for Crappie, I'm thinking a thread like my past "Friday Night Striper Roadtrip" thread would generate a bit of traffic on our ole site.  As much as I admire our Fearless Leaders' dedication to our club & everything Crappie - maybe a "Fish X" sub forum would be fun.  After all, it's still about fishing & sharing fishing related information.  There were some really great tips & advise shared in earlier "Fish X" threads so if we make sure to keep it that way?  Maybe it'll also help generate camaraderie between club members & website members?  The moderators have done a tremendous job of keeping this site about Crappie & fishing in general without all the BS like the other site generates. Thoughts..........

LLL
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:17 PM by cousinlll »

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:41 PM »
lets petition our fearless leader to request permission to talk about Fish-X  maybe a separate sub forum for Fish-X it has been crazy in the mornings

Summers are a bit slow around here Crappie wise.  Other than a few of us that night fish for Crappie, I'm thinking a thread like my past "Friday Night Striper Roadtrip" thread would generate a bit of traffic on our ole site.  As much as I admire our Fearless Leaders' dedication to our club & everything Crappie - maybe a "Fish X" sub forum would be fun.  After all, it's still about fishing & sharing fishing related information.  There were some really great tips & advise shared in earlier "Fish X" threads so if we make sure to keep it that way?  Maybe it'll also help generate camaraderie between club members & website members?  The moderators have done a tremendous job of keeping this site about Crappie & fishing in general without all the BS like the other site generates. Thoughts..........

LLL

So i take it fish x is stripers? It think that's a good idea. But how about not limiting to fish X? I mean their is lots of species to fish for in Az. Maybe like an all other species form? I know for me I like to catch all kinds of fish. Yes slabs are my favorite if you talk to any of my family and friends but I also enjoy other fishing opportunitys for other species when time just right. Goes from the lil blues to the big flatheads and everything inbetween. Would be nice to be able to share tips, tricks, stories and locations for other fish without upsetting anybody.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 07:02 PM »
i take it fish x is stripers? It think that's a good idea. But how about not limiting to fish X?

While I share your enthusiasm for fishing for other species, lets also remember why this site was created in the first place - Crappies.  The club has worked hard in getting this site up & running and the moderators have done a great job in sticking with the game plan.  One can argue that if you want to talk about Bass, The Zone is the place for that.  There's also websites for Catfish, Striper & Walleye - although other than the Catfish site, not much local info.  The thought, at least in my opinion, was to generate website discussions on Lake Pleasant Stripers to augment the so called lull in Crappie fishing during the dog days of summer.  But within reason of course, not losing sight of what this website is really about in the first place.  This is a tough call for those in charge and whatever the decision is, we'll have to respect that decision & their reasons for it.

So with that being said, maybe we'll just see how this idea/suggestion goes first before exploring other species.....

Just my opinion  :greengrin:

LLL

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:07 PM by cousinlll »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal