Author Topic: Thursday night  (Read 4552 times)

Offline hydrospec2001

Thursday night
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:53 AM »
I finally have some time off work and got the boat ready. Im planning on heading up toward the Phoenix area to try my luck out here for the first time crappie fishing in Az. I've been checking the reports but I'm still not quite.sure where to go. Any advice???

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Thursday night
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:34 AM »
stay home :dontknow: I think percentage wise the best possible place to catch a crappie right now would be roosevelt but that is not been very good lately all the local Phx. lakes seem realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll slow :dontknow: bartlett is putting out a few fish at night but not much during the day :crybaby2:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:41 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline hydrospec2001

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:00 AM »
I was thinking about going to Bartlett at night although I don't know the lake. I guess.it might just be a learning experience for me. Thanks!

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:10 AM »
I would launch at yellow cliffs and head up river. You got echo cove crappie cove and jack cove. Also their are many other smaller cover along the way. Just be carful cruzing around shore with big motor. Last Friday right before dark I hit a big boulder with my motor. 20 ft from shore. Anyways all those coves if launch from yellow cliffs are to your left. And you always got cats bay. Just across the launch left of the cliffs. They all have been productive for me in past some more than others. Ill try and post a good pic of lake from launch to those coves

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 02:40 PM »
I know where jacks and echo coves are where is what is called "crappie cove"?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05 PM »
It's the cove in between the the two. It's a smaller cove than jack or echo but I was in their Friday night and loaded with bait fish and blues. Here is pic. Never caught a crappie out of thou.

Offline hydrospec2001

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:52 AM »
Thanks so mch for the info and the picture. I'll let yall know how it turns out. Also thanks for letting me know about the rocks near shore. I just replaced my prop and am in no rush to do it again!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal