Author Topic: 05/09/13 Thursday Night  (Read 3115 times)

Offline hydrospec2001

05/09/13 Thursday Night
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:50 PM »
I've been trying to get on here to let yall know about the trip. It was a bust on Thursday night. I put out the light and had a huge swarm of minnows after about an hour. That was it. I heard a few fish slapping the water, I think they were catfish. I couldn't get anything to bite. Where did I go wrong? At daybreak I caught a small catfish and a little bream. Alot of money invested by the time fuel and other incidentals were covered. Wish I had some nice ones to brag about but is sure was nice to get out on the water.

Offline ArZFisher

Re: 05/09/13 Thursday Night
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:44 AM »
You may have done nothing wrong. I think they are just scatterd out. I have not been graphing any stacks or schools lately. It seem to be hit and miss. I went all night last night and picked up two slabs catfish and some blues. I went up up river a lil ways then went over to marina. Did you try different depts ? Jigs, minnows, jigs tipped with minnows? You try other spots or just one? I caught one slab on slip bobber and hook and other on 1/32 oz jig with blue white skirt tipped with minnow. So that tells me they hiting both jus need to find more. I worked both area real good after bites but nothing after both slabs.

Offline hydrospec2001

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:56 AM »
I didn't try any jigs. Unfortunately I got up there unprepared. I left Tucson later than planned. I ran by Cabelas to get some slip tackle and was meaning to pick up some.jigs but after running around the store I forgot them. Hell, I even forgot boat anchors and had to tie up some rocks and use them! I did try different depths anywhere between 6 and 12 feet but nothing. The catfish I caught was off the bait fish I scooped out of the lake. I caught him on a freeline hook no weight. I got minnows at Cabelas and personally they seemed awful small too. I tried a fewspots but not until day break. I got out there too late to look around the lake for different spots in the dark.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:45 PM »
I didn't try any jigs. Unfortunately I got up there unprepared. I left Tucson later than planned. I ran by Cabelas to get some slip tackle and was meaning to pick up some.jigs but after running around the store I forgot them. Hell, I even forgot boat anchors and had to tie up some rocks and use them! I did try different depths anywhere between 6 and 12 feet but nothing. The catfish I caught was off the bait fish I scooped out of the lake. I caught him on a freeline hook no weight. I got minnows at Cabelas and personally they seemed awful small too. I tried a fewspots but not until day break. I got out there too late to look around the lake for different spots in the dark.

You went to Cabelas from Tucson then to Bartlett?  You would have been better off to go to BPS and save some $$$$ on gas. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal