Author Topic: Bart 5/14/13 night  (Read 3755 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Bart 5/14/13 night
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:14 AM »
So my buddy called me yesterday said lets go fishing. I said u split gas and pass and will go. So off we went. Got to lake around 8:45 pm. Water temp 74. Clarity 1 foot. My buddy was using a slip rig with minnow 6' under surface with split shot and Arden hooks.  I was swinging jigs tipped with minnows. We hooked into 3 nice slabs right away one after another. Then went dead. I caught a couple blues. Then my buddy hooked into another slab. So while he was dealing with that slab he told me where he got that one and I pulled up another slab. Nothing after those two. Lots of shad everywhere. They sounded like rain drops hiting water at 5:30am this morning crazy!!  We stayed till 7:30am fishing hard then called it a night or day :dance: Was a awesome night on the water with friends and my dog aka Lukedog.
I talked to two other family's that were coming in as we were and they got skunked. They asked where did we pick those up and we told them. They said dang we tried everything and nothing. This sweet little ole lady comes up to and ask to see crappie. She says wow those are nice. Can I have one and she laughed. So I talked to my buddy he wanted his three but I went ahead and have her my two. She was so happy. I will never forget the look on her face. They were talking how gonna make some sandwiches later!!! Happy,Happy,Happy!!!

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Bart 5/14/13 night
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:07 PM »
That was nice of you to give her your catch. As always, thanks for the reports. Pretty soon I am going to get up to bart

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Awesome........gifting fish that is :D And good job on the slabs!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:50 PM »
I thought it was least I could do. I told them I am always out trying to find them slabs. So giving 2 away to some people who really wanted them no big deal to me.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Amen!
What depth of water were you fishing in?
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 09:28 PM »
35 ft to 60 ft. But all were caught 6' from surface. I have some real strong KC off road lights mounted to front of boat so I can get a pretty big area lit up on top. I also drop a green light. I have noticed that the fish seem more attracted to surface white lights than green lately. And fish came from two spots less than 50 yards from each other. I am just waiting for that magic trip. Where your arm gets so tired from pulling slabs out one after another!! It will happen one day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal