Author Topic: Bartlett 5/18/13  (Read 3877 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Bartlett 5/18/13
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Got to lake around 4 am. Shad everywhere on the bank. So I took out cast net and netted up a couple scoops to see if the slabs feeding in them since they should suspended in open water. Water temp was 74. Fished hard from top to bottom. Bottom bouncing, bobber rig 6' under, jigs, Capps and Coleman rig everything tipped with shad and no crappies. Got everything except slab. 4 carp one almost 8lbs, 4 bass, 3 cats and I can't remember how many gills some has big has my hand. Was fun day but really wanted that trophy slab  :banghead:  I heard of one guy catching a couple at 2:30am. Lots of people showing up at 1:30. Their was so many boats cruising around by noon it was
like the ocean over by damn. Never really bin able to get out to spots like this before this year with no big motor so all this is kinda new to me. I did not know the lake gets that crazy. I mean I no it's a holiday weekend but damn. I had jet skiers buzz with in 25 yards of me while I was fishing then a big boat. Some people I guess. A buddy and I are headed to pleasant in early morn to see how big the party is their!!!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 5/18/13
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:54 PM »
you think bartlett is bad early wait till you try to fish pleasant on a weekend :o the lake lice show up early there :banghead:, good luck stay safe
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Fish the posted "no wake areas" it helps but some just can't read! I think there may be less fishing pressure on weekends but certainly more boaters.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 09:58 PM »
I did not know the lake gets that crazy. I mean I no it's a holiday weekend but damn.

Lol. Not till next Monday the holiday!!!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 06:04 PM »
thats true if you set up near the no wake buoys boats will only go by you at 35mph instead of 55mph :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:35 PM »
Fished in a no wake area today for 4 hours or so, had 3 younger guys with their sweeties on jet ski fly by at WOT do a loop and leave, that was it except for 1 ski family with a young gal driving, just fast enough to make a nice big wake but she slowed down when we gave her the thumbs down. Lots of forms of recreation on the water!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal