Author Topic: Lake Mary  (Read 22971 times)

Offline DTurner

Re: Lake Mary
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Can you fish from Shore on Lake Mary?  Can you catch Crappie from Shore on Lake Mary.  Any info is good info

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 10:56 AM »
About this time last year I was shore fishing at Lake Mary I did not catch any crappie but I did catch 2 walleyes and 2 pike the biggest walleye was 7.2 lb. and I only fished for a little over an hour cuz I really went up there to relax never dreamed I would catch a big walleye and had to leave to get him on ice. I was fishing with a night crawler under a bobber about 2 ft.

Offline DTurner

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 11:25 AM »
Awesome.  Great catch. Well I think I will head that way soon. I love crappie but walleye is nothing to pout about. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline malex81

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Anybody doin any good shore fishing for crappie now?  I was gonna bring the boat but I am just going for the morning and afternoon.  Want to get my 2 year old daughter a taste of fishing :D  What about trout at lake mary?

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 11:20 AM »
When we were up there last time, we had pretty good luck with the walleyes, and of course clams. Can't say much for trout. We drug around crawler harnesses in 5 to 10 feet of water. Bouncing the whole time, you knew when it was a hook up though. Best setup for me was a 3/8oz slip weight with this in sunrise color http://www.northlandtackle.com/Category/main.taf?cat=102
There was no doubt when the fish was on. It went from bouncing to steady hook up. Trolling about .8 to 1 mph
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:24 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 04:42 PM »
game and fish stocked about 10,000 trout in upper lake mary last year late summer when water conditions were to bad at other area lakes, if they have not become pike food there are probably some nice hold over trout to fish for :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline malex81

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Will we went there on saturday and no bueno! I talked to the camp hosts there and they said that people that have been fishing for crappie are only catching 1-2 a day, but they have been around the 12-13 inch range.  Other than that if you wanna go pike fishing that would be the lake to go too.  At least the daughter was able to throw a line in the water

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal