Author Topic: Alamo  (Read 5376 times)

Offline kicked back

Alamo
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:26 AM »
Going go to Alamo this coming Sunday. Might stay for 2-3 days, that depends on how long I can handle the heat! I will fish for bass and crappie but not to sure about where to start for the crappie..if anyone has some "hot spots" that they will talk about, I would appreciate it. If you go, I will be in my 14' Mirro Craft (KICKED BACK). Stop on by and have a cool one.

Has anyone caught minnows at Alamo? I am gonna give it a try. :dontknow: later. Doug
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
Re: Alamo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Last time we were there saw a couple guys catch a bunch of shad right near the boat ramp. 

As far as Crappie, we've had decent success working the trees the 3 times we've been there this year.  And keep working them.  Noticed several boats show up for a quick pass and leave empty.  7-9 a day which isn't great but most of the people we'd talked to weren't so lucky.  That was several weeks ago, not sure what to expect now.

Offline kicked back

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Philbie, thanks for your input and I will be on the look out for the bait fish...what ever they are! By the trees you mean the large ones north end on the right side? I caught a 4+ LM there on a tree...touched the boat to it and dropped shot a split tail Mr Twister grub and she hit it on the fall. It was nice to wait for 3 boats to move on and then I went in and scored. :dance: Later, Doug

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:00 PM »
We did better on the left as a whole.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Going go to Alamo this coming Sunday. Might stay for 2-3 days, that depends on how long I can handle the heat! I will fish for bass and crappie but not to sure about where to start for the crappie..if anyone has some "hot spots" that they will talk about, I would appreciate it. If you go, I will be in my 14' Mirro Craft (KICKED BACK). Stop on by and have a cool one.

Has anyone caught minnows at Alamo? I am gonna give it a try. :dontknow: later. Doug

be careful out there they are predicting 108 here in Phx. sunday which normally means alamo is 2-3 degrees warmer than here in hell? you might think about fishing under lights at night with minnows the store there at the lake normally carries them, you might talk to the park rangers when you get there for the latest on any crappie bite rumors? good luck
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline kicked back

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 03:29 PM »
Motor trouble on the boat. Will be working on it till fixed. Recoil starter jam. maybe later. RATS

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 06:20 AM »
yes?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 06:45 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal