Author Topic: Bartlett 06/21  (Read 6690 times)

Offline Halibut Warrior

Re: Bartlett 06/21
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 12:02 AM »
David,I may be eitherwed or thur are  you in SB ?  You buy minnow. Every  night ?

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58 AM »
David, just curious if there is power available for your camper at SB to run a/c. We saw a bunch of trailers parked there last weekend, but I sure didn't hear any generators running. You are a die hard up there, good luck to you with the forecasted heat coming up.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Minnows--I buy a bunch, keep them in the 5th wheel with the air conditioner on and plenty of aeration--I also have a minnow basket that produces some minnow's , sometimes  . If I buy from the Marina--I pick out my own , depending on who is behind the desk,

Power availability-- No power available--I have 2 Honda 2000 watt Generators that run my air. I have found if Nana is not here using the microwave  oven, I can run my 10,000 BTU Air conditioner on one generator ( easy)---keeps the downstairs a cool 72 degrees--If I need additional power, I crank up the other Honda--I built a "sound proof enclosure" for the generators .The Hondas generate 59 dB of noise. If I enclose, the level drops down to the mid 30 dB level which is "unheard" 25 feet away--enclosure made of Styrofoam sheets ( Home depot--10'X 4') $14 and one roll of insulation for $9, vent using 2" PVC pipe attached to the mufflers ( just snug fitted), opening on the entrance   large enough to stick a cheap 12 " fan into , blowing in for air circulation---weight ~ 3 pounds, held together with a bunch of cheap box tape ( type movers use to box your goods)
BTW---the 10,000 BTU air conditioner, Home Depot, $299---a very reasonable investment---you can take it anywhere, use it anywhere, runs on 120V----( NEVER---EVER---Lay it down--to transport from RV to garage or where ever,keep the unit vertical)!!!!
BTW--I keep my  minnows in a YETI cooler---YETI is, by far, the best cooler made--first time I used my YETI, I put a block of ice in--the Ice lasted longer than my second marriage---27 days--
Boat 'Em--
David

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 09:12 PM »
Desert Rat - great response.  I will be going for Honda if I ever have the need for a generator.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal