Author Topic: SB COVE/YELLOW CLIFFS  (Read 4851 times)

BennyFish

SB COVE/YELLOW CLIFFS
« on: June 13, 2013, 08:13 AM »
Finally got my boat done and thinking about heading towards Bartlett this weekend maybe try throwing sum lights out......any good spots somebody may recommend..any pockets or stay close the the main lake ?? do you guys throw jigs out when the bait fish are attracted or stick to minnows under sum bobbers?

Offline ArZFisher

Re: SB COVE/YELLOW CLIFFS
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:53 AM »
Yellow cliffs good for crappies but I think right now where evere you go if you drop lights and get a nice bait ball going you should get into some. If you have no luck with bait ball just move maybe  50 yards try again. Sometimes you don't have to move far to find slabs. Lately I have been throwing 1/32 oz jigs tipped with minnows. Also minnows under a sill bobber rig as be working to just not as well. Last week when we went to Bart the slabs were 12 to 14 foot under lights. Try of points that sit in 30-40 feet.  Hopefully you find em!!

BennyFish

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55 AM »
thanks for the info............im goint to hit it up sat night ......i just dont have a depth finder yet so im just guessing  by my anchor line what depths im at

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Just don't go to shallow. We fished  shallow and caught nothing. We have also have caught them siting over 65 ft of water not far under surface.

BennyFish

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28 PM »
I think thats what i have been doing wrong in the past...i have been to shallow or deep in a pocet thinkin all the fish would be in there...!>!>!>!i have pulled crappie off the floating pier in rattlesnake..imma try that area see iff im lucky..............i seen people near the cliffs but worried sum wake gonna ram me into the wall

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Be careful going into rattlesnake. My buddy got a ticket in their. Their is a set of buoys that say no motorized boats allowed that we missed. Part of that cove only for shore fishing and swimming only.  Ranger sees you in their and instant ticket. Don't want anybody to have a bad time on water. I think I might be out Saturday night too. I'm in an old 1960 starcraft with 9.8 hp on the back. Blue and white you see me out their stop say hey. Yellow cliffs have been producing good numbers lately. Really I think lake is going good for night slabs just have to find the bigger schools. AzFisherdude caught 47 at Bart 2 weeks ago. So I know they are doing good. I caught 8 last week in couple hrs after trying many different things. Don't be afraid to have up bait a lot. The more changes better off you'll find what hey liking. They can be real picky fish to fish for. Do not give up if not catching in one spot just try moving. Also I noticed that fish really did not turn on till around 2 am till sunrise then nothing.

BennyFish

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 02:56 PM »
sweet..im in a 17' grizzly i installedan led spot light and sum led strips in side so if u see a disco theme on the water best bet its me....i wanna do yellow cliffs but last time i was out a bass boat hauled ass and the wake had me bouncing all over he place..we were posted straight across from the flats....probably a bad spot to begin with seemed like i wuz in the middle of that high traffic area......but im ready..imma sit in the boat tonight and see if i can get a bite

Offline BloodyDuck2

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 07:19 AM »
 :wtf: Where is the report Benny? You think I forgot about you? When me and you going out on the toon and catch some slabs?
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal