Author Topic: Lake Mary 5 July  (Read 10829 times)

wadefisherman

Lake Mary 5 July
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Sister in law came to town for a few days with her boyfriend and wanted to go fishing so we went to Lake Mary on Friday. 82 degrees for the high that day. Not to many other boaters. We caught 1 pike, 2 crappie, 1 walleye. Beautiful day out of the heat, hit that pie place (rock Springs Pie co.) on the way back by black canyon, oh my god! They are awesome!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Nice!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 09:55 AM »
Thx for the report!  Sounds like a nice day for you guys.  How was the water level & launching?  Did you actually target the Crappie & any size to them?

Couple weeks until the "Extravaganza"........

wadefisherman

Re: Lake Mary 5 July
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Fishing for pike & eyes mainly, had one pole set for crappie. Picked up one slab on a John dear tipped with a piece of crawler. The other took a eye harness. All fish returned to the lake so we can catch them again when we head up there.

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Lake was in good shape, about the same as last year, no problem launching.

Offline Tacoma Guy

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Gonna try Lake Mary again next week for crappie.  Last trip caught a lot of everything but slabs.  I think I'll try having the kids throw a Mepps spinner and Panther Martin under a bobber and see how we do.  Seemed liked a great idea that was posted by someone else last month. 

Offline sandman

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 10:27 AM »
Let's hear more about the pie.

Any size to 'em?

Any pics?

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: Nice!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 11:43 AM »

Couple weeks until the "Extravaganza"........

can't wait......

wadefisherman

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 04:28 PM »
The pie was a bit pricey but it was da bomb! Lemon merengue & coconut cream. Next time jack Daniels pecan for sure. Kelly you coming up to Mary, I got some gills from lake Powell for u & Patty, we were thinking of u guys.

Offline sandman

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Still trying to work out the logistics. Just got back from China. May be in Michigan and/or Massachusetts in the next two weeks.

Oh yeah, also have a colonoscopy scheduled for 7/15 so I have to prep for that. Woo-hoo.

wadefisherman

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 05:37 AM »
The joys of aging!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal