Author Topic: 15 Limit  (Read 3601 times)

Offline BloodyDuck2

15 Limit
« on: July 28, 2013, 06:49 AM »
15 fish limit. I met a member at the G&F meeting concerning the bag limit. Who was that? What are other members thoughts on this decision?
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: 15 Limit
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:15 AM »
This is a controversial subject. I don't have enough facts to make an accurate assessment on the limit. Given that, my "uneducated " opinion: If G&F have research data proving a bag limit will enhance the life cycle of Crappie, I am all for it. There are a multitude of issues , one being a size limit--I see many "wanna be" Crappie fisherman keeping dinks. Does this have an ill effect on Crappie population? I don't know. However, Mother Nature is running short on patience in many areas and I believe if we want our grandchildren and great grandchildren to enjoy the benefits many of us have enjoyed over the years--we need more volunteers to aid G&F in their research studies---I often hear--"remember when we caught 87---and  remember when ????---those days are OVER---we need some type of regulation or enhancement to achieve some decent catch rates/size.Crappie WILL bounce back---just 3-4 years ago, Bartlett was in a real Crappie dive---no spawn, eggs hard---very little action--the last 2 years, we have seen some improvement in qty and size--why??? --don't know---perhaps we, The AzCrappie Assoc, need to really rally and get involved with G&F--on a regular basis, professionally. My thought's, as of now, form a committee, with a Chairman, outline and so state the Objectives,establish a Mission Statement, have a majority vote on the "Objective, establish an execution Business plan and step forward to G&F---
---I have witnessed so much "negative" change in this beautiful state ,I become very compassionate on this subject
Many of us have discussed the short comings of the G&F---NOT going to change--time to stop pointing the finger at the issues and take the issues in hand---

Offline BloodyDuck2

Re: 15 Limit
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Well put.

I am with "Get this" (PETA).  OK Let me explain. I am a BIG Advocate for conservation. I was on the USCA as BloodyDuck. Bow hunters want to shoot catfish by bow. Reel and rod guys are against it. We have the ability to release the fish. Once the fish has a arrow threw its head is not able to be released. So to get public support to his side he claimed it was PETA that was opposing them.

From that I learned by attending the G&F meetings that the crappie limit idea. I asked "Why is Alamo not on this limit deal?" The conservation officer felt that he did not have the data to be sure that that lake needed a limit. That lake is infested. With what you ask? Snow Birds. They rape that lake, Live free of charge, and It pisses me off.

I asked about the slot limit for crappie and they stated that the 15 limit should help with the population. I think it should be both and voiced that opinion.
My name is "Bill" and I'm a Fishing ADDICT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal