Author Topic: Crappie Report 12-17-2010  (Read 1502 times)

Piscolli

Crappie Report 12-17-2010
« on: December 17, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Well it is finally starting! In the last 3 weeks winter fishing patterns have produced decent number of Crappie at Alamo, Bartlett and Rosey. It’s not “off the hook” yet and the storms have slowed things down, but it’s a good and long awaited start.

Alamo- Probably the best spot right now. I have heard of numbers from 6 to over 30. Mostly trolling grubs in the river end by the trees, cranks work great as well. Look for Alamo to go nuts by next month!

Bartlett- Good numbers being caught near Cat Bay, Yellow Cliffs and Alder Cover. Trolling grubs and cranks is the way to get em. However, if you know where there are sunken trees, rock piles or ledges, fish them vertically. Last week a bass angler caught a 3lb monster Crappie while throwing a Norman DD22.

Pleasant- I have heard of a few slabs being caught in the back of Humbug Cove.

Roosevelt- The Tonto end was producing some nice Crappie but now the Salt End is going good. Trolling grubs or cranks by the buoy line at Schoolhouse has produced bags from 6 to 24 in the last week or so. Look for the flotilla of boats, its starting to form up and is an easy way to find schools of Crappie. By the end of football season Rosy should be in full effect.

San Carlos- I haven’t heard much lately. But get prepared because by the end of January, SC should be insane!

For more information on Crappie Fishing and the AZCA, please visit our website at www.azcrappie.com. Or you can always come visit me at Bass Pro Shops in Mesa.

To protect our sport the Arizona Crappie Association practices and promotes the immediate release of all Crappie under 10” in length.

Bill (Piscolli) Eveland
AZCA/ BPS

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
Re: Crappie Report 12-17-2010
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:08 AM »
thx for the report bill. gunna hit rosey tom. sun 19th. will advise.

Offline AZfisherdude

• View Profile
Re: Crappie Report 12-17-2010
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Nice report Bill. I am thinking of going fishing tomorrow. I haven't been out for crappie in a long time. I have been to Rosy twice by schoolhouse and pretty much got skunked. Any advice to avoid the same again?