Author Topic: WOW!! incredible water going into the dead san carlos lake  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
WOW!! incredible water going into the dead san carlos lake
« on: September 15, 2013, 04:40 PM »
river flows going into the Safford valley in the Gila river is 24,000CFS due to the rains up on the creeks above Safford, that is the most water carlos has gotten in years :o lake is coming up fast for the 2 crappie left in the lake :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

wadefisherman

Re: WOW!! incredible water going into the dead san carlos lake
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 05:55 PM »
That's good news, do you know if Alamo caught any water?

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Glad to see SC coming back. I have never fished their and would like to check it out sometime. I did read on AZGFD website in the reports that Alamo was  filling with all the water we got. It says that the core is not draining the right now and they won't no until mid October.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 05:47 AM »
That's good news, do you know if Alamo caught any water?

looks like the gauge at alamo lake that it picked up just under 2' of water regrettably and flows are down to nothing now, seems like it should of got more water than that but the big sandy and santa maria river have such a long ways to go through the desert to get to the lake it just doesn't seem to get there often.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 08:04 AM »
see u out there in 2016.

wadefisherman

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:37 PM »
It looks like Powell is catching some of that Colorado water, it's on the way up instead of going down. SC in 16 sound good to me if they don't drain it by then.

wadefisherman

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 04:47 PM »
some guy from the CAP was on the radio yesterday and said Powell and the colorado river would not pick up much water from the flooding rains in Colorado as it is on the other side of the rockies but powell is probably picking up water from the san juan river out of New Mexico as they have been getting hammered and had some flooding issues also, he did say Mead picked up some water from runoff of storms in California?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 05:35 AM »
looks like carlos has come up about 30' :o :o those two crappie are having a good old time

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 05:02 AM »
this is from weekly fishing report from g and f, looks like alamo got a total of 2' of water but now is dropping again :(

ALAMO LAKE – Sept. 17 report from Mark Knapp, Park Ranger at Alamo Lake State Park:
Well folks, all said and done, the lake rose approx 2 feet. This brought the lake level to 1,093 with releases of 25 cfs. We have already watched the lake drop a few inches due to evaporation and releases. It was fun while it lasted. This will also help keep Cholla Ramp in operation for a couple of more months.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal