Author Topic: San Carlos is 45' deeper  (Read 12895 times)

Bob M

San Carlos is 45' deeper
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:04 AM »
According to the water gauge it has come up 45' since july and is still rising.  With a wet winter maybe its back for a while again.  Hope they stock it soon.

wadefisherman

Re: San Carlos is 45' deeper
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 07:26 AM »
Wow! I thought there was a problem with the dam and that they would not hold that much water? I guess its keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:59 AM »
those two crappie left in the lake should have it back up to good numbers in 10-15 years, would not hold my breath expecting the san carlos reservation to do anything other than charge people to go to the lake and wish them luck :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Isn't there some quote about doing the same thing over and over and you get the same result?  I would think there would need to be different restrictions/rules in place to keep the water level from getting too low.  And I don't know what you guys think but living in a desert I expect drought to continue.  All that to say I wouldn't get my hopes up especially if that dam really was drained (completely).  I would be interested if it got stocked though....  think that'll happen?

Offline DRAXX

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:52 PM »
We should actually see more and more hurricanes hit AZ now that China is messing up the balance of nature with their industry antics.  So with that, I think that the drought may subside for the intermediate future.

And at least one thing good came of all the drainage: all the damn carp infestation of that lake finally died off

FFS, they need to not do that ever again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal