Author Topic: 2013 BHCC Raffle Prizes  (Read 3726 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
2013 BHCC Raffle Prizes
« on: October 04, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Ok boys & girls - here is this years BHCC raffle prizes!  Make sure you bring extra cash as you certainly want to get in on this raffle.  As usual, Fish Hawk has graciously agreed to be "raffle master" so see him to buy your tickets.  Raffle tickets are $10 per ticket.  Please remember - exact change is greatly appreciated.

Raffle Prize Lot #1:  Includes a $50 gift card from Sportsman Warehouse along with a 10 pack of #4 Owner Mosquito red hooks, 1 package of Kalin's 3" Monk Minnow in Lemon Meringue and a bag of 100 #4 Mustad Extra Fine Wire Aberdeen hooks.

Raffle Prize Lot #2:  Includes a Rapala Tournament Series Touch Screen Scale with 8 Culling Tags along with a 10 pack of #4 Owner Mosquito red hooks, 1 package of Kalin's 3" Monk Minnow in Firetiger and a bag of 100 #4 Mustad Extra Fine Wire Aberdeen hooks.

Raffle Prize Lot #3:  Includes Ego S2 Slider Landing Net with a 48" sliding handle that extends to a whopping 108" along with a 10 pack of #4 Owner Mosquito red hooks, 1 package of Kalin's 3" Monk Minnow in Albino Shad and a bag of 100 #4 Mustad Extra Fine Wire Aberdeen hooks.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:12 PM by cousinlll »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
What's Up with all the Hooks!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:28 PM »
So you're probably wondering about all the fish hooks.  The story behind them is:

The #4 Owner Mosquito red hooks come highly recommended by Sparkchaser who's had great luck using them by tying them to his main line with Fish Hawk's special loop knot then adding a fat ole minnow from Liar's Corner.

And as for the #4 Mustad Extra Fine Wire Aberdeen hooks, they come highly recommended by Wadefisherman along with, if I remember correctly, IAMMAC who believes that the extra fine wire allows the hook to bend easier if snagged in trees allowing you to get your rig back more often than not.  Another plus is the extra fine wire hook will help keep your minnow alive a bit longer than with the standard diameter hooks.  While fishing with Brian a couple weeks ago he poured me a cup full of the Mustag hook cool aid and I ended up ordering 1000 hooks.  So I thought I'd let others try them out by adding them to the raffle.

I'm sure Sparkchaser, Wadefisherman & IAMMAC will chime in with more.... :dontknow:

The Kalin's Monk Minnow was something I found that was a little outside the box.  Here's the story on them:  Kalin’s Monk Minnow – Guess who they named this bait after?!!! Actually, Monk Wilson takes credit only for resurrecting an abandoned concept, though he did have a hand in the design of the new and improved Kalin’s “Monk.”  This three-inch bait has a thin, supple tail that keeps working even at slow retrieve or trolling speeds. Simulated dorsal and anal fins enhance its baitfish profile.  “It’s a long slim lure that is more like a shiner minnow,” explains Wilson.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:31 PM by cousinlll »

wadefisherman

Re: 2013 BHCC Raffle Prizes
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Nice prizes, I'm in!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:30 AM »
Very nice LLL, thanks for driving all over to get the stuff.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 07:50 AM »
Very nice Cousin Larry!

But who fishes for mosquitoes?  :dontknow:

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Moving to the BHCC forum.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Very nice LLL. Thanks for doing the shopping.

Very nice Cousin Larry!

But who fishes for mosquitoes?  :dontknow:

mosquitoes... That's all your going to catch, oops my bad and a buzz

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Raffle Winners
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Thanks to all that participated in this years BHCC Raffle!  And as for the winners:

Sportsman's Warehouse Gift card was won by o from wi - our newest AZCA member

Touch Screen Scale was won by Redmule

And the Landing Net was won by Wadefisherman

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:26 PM by cousinlll »

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Nice job guys, holy crap I thought mine extended pretty far. No excuses now Chris :toothy10:
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Way to go guys. Nice prizes this year as always. Now you need to get some fish smell on that thing Brian.
GOD BLESS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal