Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 7818 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
Tapatalk
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Could we add this to the site. I use it for a couple of other sites on my android. Makes life easy.

http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline sparkchaser

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:45 AM »
I'm going to give this a bump since most of you were out of town when I posted this. It seems to be free, but maybe I'm mistaken.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:08 AM »
I supposed I could read but how about a few highlights on why we want it?  Help sell to the lazy folks who don't want to research it ourselves.

Offline Papermouth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34 AM »
I stopped reading when I saw the Non-Refundable $99 setup fee and $29/month license fee..
Seems cool but that's long term pricey if it doesn't stick with the relatively small group of AZCA users.. IMO anyway.

But - Am I wrong about the fees because we fall into one of the pre-developed systems? I don't know the specifics on the how this forum runs when it comes down to it! :dontknow:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:52 AM by Papermouth »
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline sparkchaser

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:18 AM »
If it is free, then I think it's a no brainer. It simplifies posting with your phone. I use it for a couple of sites.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 05:28 PM »
Because we use SMF it looks like it's an add-on mod. I've avoided using 3rd party mods since the fiasco we had last year where the site was hacked because of the gallery mod we were using. That's why we're not using the gallery anymore, in case anyone was wondering... I had to take the site down for a number of hours and basically start from scratch.

I took a quick look at it and it does seem interesting. Does it only apply to individuals who have the application installed on their phone or does it mod the way the page looks when you visit from a mobile device? I believe there's a a built in feature that streamlines the site right now when you visit from your phone vs. you PC.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 06:17 AM »
Because we use SMF it looks like it's an add-on mod. I've avoided using 3rd party mods since the fiasco we had last year where the site was hacked because of the gallery mod we were using. That's why we're not using the gallery anymore, in case anyone was wondering... I had to take the site down for a number of hours and basically start from scratch.

I took a quick look at it and it does seem interesting. Does it only apply to individuals who have the application installed on their phone or does it mod the way the page looks when you visit from a mobile device? I believe there's a a built in feature that streamlines the site right now when you visit from your phone vs. you PC.

Louis, you do such a great job keeping the site up and running with minimal problems and at very low pay :o do what ever you have to to make your life easy and not have to spend hours cleaning up messes on the site :notworthy:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 06:32 AM »
Louis - I use this app for crappie.com, and seahawks.net on my phone. It's an app in the store you can get, at least for android. It's a very basic view of all of the sites available forums. You can post on your phone, pics as well, and it's a real time update with the site. Very simplified, and much easier to access the site than going to our site via google. If anyone hasn't used it, try it for crappie.com if you are a member there. The only thing I'm not sure about, is how it would work with our club members-versus site members. If at all it seems to be a risk, then forget it. I'll send a pm to the moderator at crappie.com and get some more info from there.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline sparkchaser

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 07:20 AM »
Couple screen shots from my phone. Sorry about "sample" across them, had to quickly convert to pdf using free software.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 08:09 AM »
way to much technology for me :o heck every time I go to use texting on my smart ass phone (I mean smart phone) I have to study it for 5 mins :crybaby2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books