Author Topic: Bart 11-16  (Read 10277 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Bart 11-16
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 10:35 PM »
No Rat I don't usually fish Cat bay. my small boat and all the wake from boats is rough in my lil 16 starcraft. I also have not really checked area out except early this year one day when no one was their and it was almost flat calm. I need to go spend some time in their graphing some good areas.

I usually head up river past no wake zone or go over by dam in early mornings or late evenings. I still have yet to find some good areas by the Dam but I still like to try every now and then. Lately I have been going up river. Just outside Crappie cove and just north of the first island you come to north of no wake up river. We found most of our slabs in the 20-26 ft in Heavy brush in both areas.

My buddies called me early monday morning after I sent them some pics and said take me fishing right now. I said ok lets go im tired but lets go. We ended up with 22 and kept 18. 4 nice ones. one was 2lbs other just under.

I am going to try and get out this weekend but waiting on some carb parts. my motor starting not running good so tore apart carb and bunch of nasty stuff came out. Now I need 3 new seals. I ordered them earlier today so hopefully they'll be here by friday. I heard maybe supposed to be getting rain Fri and Sat. Here are some pics from Mondays Haul!!!

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 06:43 AM »
Great work and report! Thanks for sharing!
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:10 AM »
Great job - looks like you've found the spot!

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Thank you so very much--'Tis supposed to rain Fri ans Sat but I am going anyway--if anyone is coming up, I will be at SB Cove--welcome to drop in for a cold one---I will not have internet service, nor cell --However, I check my messages regularly. If you are coming up and want my latest status, text me and I will respond within 10 hours--I'll be there from Friday -12/9-- +/-

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Very nice, glad to see that spot is producing again. Always lots of fish there on the graphs.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25 PM »
'Tis supposed to rain Fri and Sat but I am going anyway--if anyone is coming up, I will be at SB Cove--welcome to drop in for a cold one

Fish Hawk & I MAY be out on Saturday depending on the forecast & rain.  It's not looking good though!  Game time decision.  Might hang under your awning between rain drops for a brew - no promises……
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:38 PM by cousinlll »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 03:40 PM »
'Tis supposed to rain Fri and Sat but I am going anyway--if anyone is coming up, I will be at SB Cove--welcome to drop in for a cold one

Fish Hawk & I MAY be out on Saturday depending on the forecast & rain.  It's not looking good though!  Game time decision.  Might hang under your awning between rain drops for a brew - no promises……
You never know.  I remember last year someone went out in low pressure ice cold condition at Roosevelt and caught a good amount.  Bring your ponchos though! 

Surprised menrats or anyone else hasn't had Roosey fever yet and mentioned trying there again.  Tough to when positive reports from Bartlett keep showing up.   

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 03:50 PM »
K I just check on my parts and not supposed to be in until next week. I new I should have waited and ordered parts first before tearing apart carb :banghead: So if rain is not to bad I'll be out with just the trolling motor. I'll probably just hang out around cat bay, cliffs area and mid lake area. 

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 04:17 PM »
I just checked and double checked---and--no matter how and whom I check with, there is a 10% chance I will be on the lake and dry---90% chance I will be enjoying the thunderstorms---anyway--I'll be there--BYOB---unless you like diet 7 up--I have not had a brew in over 5years !!!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Desert Rat - I may try and get out there next week.  Will text you ahead of time and then use radio when I'm there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal