Author Topic: fishing days?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline kicked back

fishing days?
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Just sitting here wondering if anyone fishes Monday-Thursday each week, if so I would like to get together at the lake and maybe pick up some tips. Don't want to make a pest of myself and I will be in my boat and using my gear. Every time I start out fishing for crappie and don't run over them I end up bass fishing. I keep telling myself to leave my bass gear home but some how a reason pop's in my head and now I'm telling on myself. If it works out then let me know. :dance:
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: fishing days?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I don't fish as much weekdays but if I do I'll keep you in mind.  First thing is attend one of Art's seminars. 
http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php?topic=2031.0;topicseen

Art will most likely touch on long line trolling with jigs and minnows and vertical trolling with just minnows - at least the last one I attended he touched on both.  Bring notepad and take good notes. That'll get you similar gear that a lot of us are using.  Then finding the right spot.  Meeting members on the lake or website many our friendly and can point you to a couple coves to try and approximate depths and so forth.  In the end, you may luck out sometimes and others not - finding the spot they are schooling can  be tough.  Good luck.  Feel free to IM me if you want but would be easier if you attend Art's seminars. He has some good info there packed into 1/2-1 hour.

One more thing - are you fishing with live minnows?  There are some slayers around here who can catch without minnows but you'll greatly increase your odds with live minnows.

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Kicked Back--
I will be stationed in SB Cove from 11/21 (late) until +/- 12/9--
I will be camped in a 5th wheel ( Cardinal), pulled by a F-250 , grey 4x4--will be fishing out of a Lowe Deck Boat, white and blue trim--join me--

Offline kicked back

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Hello...OneBlade, you are right only my hours don't work out with his seminars. Oh well, I'll keep trying and thanks

the Desert Rat, I will see you soon (next week) I'm in a faded green 14' Mirro Craft (tin boat).
" Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal