Author Topic: Crappie lights re-visited  (Read 36925 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Crappie lights re-visited
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47 PM »
I  find dupont lures work better at night than even the lights, the 6-10 second fuse is the best :laugh: :dance:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sandman

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 12:49 PM »
I was told that you must be playing Alan Jackson on the stereo to get the crappie to bite.

Piscolli

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26 AM »
I have done many scientific experiments with beverage and music. Crown Royal works best, as long as you don't have to drive. Also, Crappie love 311, Iron Horse and Austrian Death Machine best. Just sayin

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 08:48 AM »
I have done many scientific experiments with beverage and music. Crown Royal works best, as long as you don't have to drive. Also, Crappie love 311, Iron Horse and Austrian Death Machine best. Just sayin

That's awesome. I don't drink so that won't work for me. Also whenever I have listened to music on the water I have been skunked mostly. I was listening to Country thou so maybe that was my problem.

Offline DRAXX

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 10:20 PM »
I've caught numerous fish both ways but I believe I do way better with the green lights.

Last night, we used 3 light set-ups: a green light, my buddy's makeshift crappie light made out of PVC pipe and tons of little LEDs, and a cheap Berkley crappie light from walmart.   

It appeared that the fish really liked the berkley light more than anything: The minnows didn't even go near my green light.  I was a bit peaved about it: thing costed me 20 bucks!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 05:38 AM »
I've caught numerous fish both ways but I believe I do way better with the green lights.

Last night, we used 3 light set-ups: a green light, my buddy's makeshift crappie light made out of PVC pipe and tons of little LEDs, and a cheap Berkley crappie light from walmart.   

It appeared that the fish really liked the berkley light more than anything: The minnows didn't even go near my green light.  I was a bit peaved about it: thing costed me 20 bucks!

did you catch any fish :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline DRAXX

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 07:29 PM »
I actually tried that this last weekend.  The minnows ignored the green light and flocked towards the cheap Berkley headlight.

Offline Rob

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 01:56 PM »
I actually tried that this last weekend.  The minnows ignored the green light and flocked towards the cheap Berkley headlight.
Draxx which one of these was it.

Submersible Fish Light
by Berkley
   3 customer reviews
List Price:   $19.99
Price:   $18.03 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
You Save:   $1.96 (10%)
In Stock.
Want it tomorrow, Oct. 8? Order within 1 hr 38 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by Amazon.com.
6 high intensity green LED's attrach most fish species3 AA batteries (included) provide 50 hours of useFreshwater or saltwater use

Berkley Floating Lite
by Berkley
   5 customer reviews
Price:   $18.50 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
Only 2 left in stock.
Want it Thursday, Oct. 9? Order within 3 hrs 7 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by Bad River Mercantile and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Multi-purpose floating fish light - great for camping, fishing, or boatingLight is buoyant in water tattract fish at night or light a dockSafety insulated cord, sealed bulb and safety fuses protect user

Offline DRAXX

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33 PM »
The Berkley Float light = looks like a car headlight stuffed into Styrofoam casing.  Green light pretty much looks like the one posted earlier in the topic with minnows all around it: Only there were no minnows around it for me this time.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 05:03 AM »
some of the older floating headlights with foam will pull a lot of amps have had friends use them and then go to start the boat and battery is to low to start boat

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal