Author Topic: 12/18/13  (Read 7938 times)

wadefisherman

12/18/13
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Me & willie decided to look for the moby crappie and looked at at quite a few areas up lake, wind was a negative factor in the am. Needless to say no slabs landed, many bass were boated and released. Weather got much better in the pm. The deep trolling bite was not happening today. Ended the day working jigs by the island but the bite was not there. Couple of other boats did not have much luck there as well. One boat trolling minnows landed a few.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Re: 12/18/13
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:44 PM »
That's what happens when you don't take your friend Tom.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 06:12 AM »
Moby is waiting for me next week.   :o

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 07:19 AM »
the great white slab. lying just below the surface like a muskie on a sunny day moby awaits . looking for a 1/16th lime green jig head with a white eye, flapping an acid rain tail with the flash of and scent of real minnow. with the buzz of the trolling motor in the background king moby hovers above the lessor slabs in the depths awaiting some fool to dropshot a lonely minnow down on their nose. the trolling motor buzz intensifies then begins to dissipate. a crease in the otherwise still lake pierces the surface but the flouro is invisible even to the great white one. now a thumping is heard and a far off flash of the spinner catches mobies attention. the slab slides himself down to the 5ft level of the oddity in his kingdom. is it tasty precious is it juicy and scrumptuous the slab ruminates. the jig arrives a treat fit for the king of slabs dolled up in a big green head a huge tail. moby closes, is it tasty, yes its live minnow. is it worthy, yes its not just a minnow it thumps it flashes..its mine! two lightning fast tail kicks and moby has it. smartly he turns to take his prize and what... its not coming along and now the great white one is tugging and turning and diving but its loosing the fight to what? obviously the hand of god himself. the surface is broken and the heaviness of the slab out of water surprisse even the mighty moby slab himself. and mobys last thought is that low tis not the lord who has plucked him form his home but just some slob in a worn plaid lined coat sporting a shiteating grin.
merry christmas yall.

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 07:27 AM »
Menrats--that was beautiful!!!
A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family and to the AzCrappie members--May God Bless you all--

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 07:40 AM »
Very nice Tom - I have it printed out for your reading at the campfire at Moby 3.0.

Offline freshwater

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Merry Christmas to all :3some:  From the frozen tundra of the north land, awaiting the SCF.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Vary nice Tom. Thank you and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to everyone.

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 09:44 AM »
T-Rats, you are a nut job, and that's why I love ya!

Nice, very nice.  :dance:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Ba humbug, that was a good verse :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal