Author Topic: Bartlett 01/04/14  (Read 8452 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 01/04/14
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Steve is correct Marvin and I brought home 13 nice crappie with the biggest @ 2.2 lb. next 1.85 and the other 11 were clones in the 1.5 to 1.75 lb. range.
Slip bobbers and minnow on an Aberdeen hook worked for us. We also got pushed off our homey hole with to many boats and not enough productive water. We did pick 4 south of the flotilla. As others have mentioned was nice to see our club members out there. Mac it was nice to finally get introduced to you.

Tom and Bill how deep were you trolling you must of only been 2-3 feet deep cuz we were still snagging up with the slip bobber set @ 5'

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 08:41 AM »
The problem with trolling is that when people move in,, they don't know you're trolling. This happened to me ALL THE TIME in Cat Bay. I set my trolling motor to follow a pattern and somebody cuts right across in front of me. But then how did they know? How about this,,, I had people pushing my boat out of their way when I was fishing,,, I guess the "wind" made them get that close?? And the last time out,,, 2 boats were running at full speed past the island. I didn't mind but the guy in the John boat was PISSED! I wonder if anyone sells marijuana for "fishing" purposes???
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett 01/06/14
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Wadefisherman and I fished the same area yesterday. We got 18 using the same techniques. We didn't see another boat on the water until mid day besides DesertRats. At least in the area we were in, and never got crowded. Sure is nice being able to go during the week. We had a boat yesterday run up lake past the island on plane, then about 15 minutes later come back down past us about 50 feet from my boat. As they went buy and waved, I let them know that I thought they were number one :laugh:
One shot I did take in deeper water
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:23 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 07:32 AM »
SRP website shows the lake dropped about 1 3/4' since last week last weekend. SRP has been increasing and decreasing the flows during the week out of bartett and zilch being released from horse shoe. Love the idiots that blow up past the no wakes, I always yell and ask them if they know how to read >:(

Surprised Piscolli didn't put on his sound track from Ben Hur (ramming speed) when someone got in your trolling space, wait he does that when he is in the puff :laugh: That's why I hate fishing around a bunch of other people there are crappie in other parts of Bartlett other than at the island ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:34 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 07:55 AM »
we were trolling right in billys favorite depth 2-3 ft. runnin four lines we had to be shallow and even then we went through 5 doz minnows in 3and a half hours and the grand puba didn't even use minnows after our still fishing venture. I bagged one untipped on a notre dame scented though. these are beauty fish.
 I did notice and appreciate immac being snug to the treeline and the on the rocks crew staying relatively vertical with their presentations. its the dudes like the couple in the john boat sitting out in the open area and winging their gear out 20 yards tot he treeline that are being discourteous.
funny that there might be other places to fish, and indeed the idee of fishing in a floatilla back in Minnesota is buys you a frown, and that's as tough as minnesotans get. but I cant help it. with the crappie its like a magnet find the other crappie fisherman and plop your ass in the middle and start covering water with that trolling motor buzzin. tipped and clipped if circumstance allows. ive gone entirely unclipped lately in bart due to fishhawks schooling the first day out to keep it small. almost all my fishes have gone on 1/16th red hook jig with the paint scraped off and the tennesee schad with the chart flake tail. did score a couple on a small white roadrunner. hell the crappie are biting, stick your finger in the water and youll get it bit yeehaw.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal