Author Topic: SAVE THE ALAMO  (Read 4481 times)

Offline cookie

SAVE THE ALAMO
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:38 AM »
  :WE ARE HAVING A RAFFLE AND AUCTION ON MAY 15 AT COMMUNITY CENTER IN WICK TO RAISE $30,000 TO KEEP THE ALAMO OPEN,IF YOU CRAPPIE FISH YOU SHOULD BE HERE AS THIS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE YEARS THAT YOU CAN  CATCH AS MANY AS YOU WANT TO CLEAN.WE HAVE MANY GOOD ITEMS ANY QUESTIONS CALL JOHN 928-61-2058..REALLY GLAD TO HAVE A PLACE I CAN TALK  ABOUT THE NUMBER 1 FISH,,I HAVE BEEN CRAPPIE FISHING FOR ABOUT 60 YRS AND HOPE TO DO IT ANOTHER 60 YRS
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:03 AM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: SAVE THE ALAMO
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:04 AM »
I went ahead and added this event to our calendar and made sure that it will stay at the top of the Alamo thread.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I was there with Jayman, great turn out and last I heard over $40,000 raised, fun night
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cookie

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 05:41 PM »
WISH I HAD MET YOU GUYS,WE MADE OVER $40,000 AND PLAN ON DOING SOME THINGS TO HELP THE LAKE,,LIGHTS AT BOAT RAMP AND ONE ON TOP WHERE MOST PEOPLE LOAD AND UNLOAD THERE BOATS.GAME AND FISH HAS FLOATING DOCK AND HOPE THEY PUT IN IN SOON..THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP..TWO WEEKS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOAD UP ON CRAPPIE,,

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Haha, having lights at the boat ramp will suddenly feel like a luxury! That will be awesome. The few times I've had to find the dock at night has sucked bad. Good job on raising the funds needed, it's exciting to be able to have that lake open still.  :thumbsup:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:25 AM »
game and fish has had the dock install on the schedule for two years at alamo :sign0023:, between the paperwork and other projects that keep jumping out in front (last year it was pressure to complete work at havasu) think political pressure were involved there :violent-smiley-007: it still has not happened, now they want to add the docks and do the repairs to cholla ramp at the same time, keep asking the g and f coordinator about them and it keeps getting shoved back :headbang:, think the lights at the ramp could be included in the project. Ron C. from g and f said his SLIF money got raided by the idiots at the state legislature but he still has his federal money, maybe now that the lake is staying open they can move it back to the front burner. :toothy10:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal