Author Topic: boat pics  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Bennyb1

• Sweet Baby Rays taste good on everything
boat pics
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:50 AM »
Here some pics from the garage.......my oil pump finally took a dump so I wont be on the lake till next month.........

Offline Bennyb1

Re: boat pics
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:52 AM »
I was suppose to add this to another topic.....

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Nice ride Benny!  Looks like you have a good start at spider rigging with your pole holder out front.  Maybe adjust your poles in more of a V pattern so they won't tangle.  Couple pole holders on each side & you're ready to long line troll.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:25 PM by cousinlll »

Offline jimmartin705

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Beautiful boat. Nice job keeping it so clean!

Offline Bennyb1

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 07:20 AM »
Thanks fellas.............i try to keep it clean an organized..helps me find everything..........I got tangled pretty good last time i was out i feel a little more practice and im good.....here is a pic of some jigs i use......

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Everyone of those jigs is a killer, although I prefer not to have the weed guard and do prefer twist tails.
Tip them with a minnow if you are going to troll and go .08MPH with your rods separated covering as much water as possible. You'll catch fish.

Eliminate speed as an issue and get a GPS app for your phone if you don't have one already. The slowest speed setting doesn't reflect true speed once the lightest breeze blows or change in chop of the water.
Not a problem if you can't keep a constant .08, just keep it >.75 and <1.0 MPH. Some days one side of the interval is the ticket, others vice versa. The nice thing about bumping between different speeds is the correlating bump between different depths. If you pick up the first couple of fish of the day while you are speeding up towards the 1MPH mark, you can assume you starting out fishing too deep and you can make the adjustment, etc.

Good luck.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Cool rig Benny.  See you out there. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal