Author Topic: Does Apache lake have a bait shop ??  (Read 5373 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Does Apache lake have a bait shop ??
« on: January 17, 2014, 06:33 PM »
My sister and I are thinking about hitting Apache tomorrow. Never been so I have no clue what's what at that lake. Was wondering really if they have a bait shop so I don't have to haul minnows all the way their?? 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:34 PM by ArZFisher »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Does Apache lake have a bait shop ??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:48 PM »
LOL - You must have read the latest G&F fishing report….. :greengrin:

Sorry, can't help you with your question but if coming from the Globe side there's Kilmers & from the Tonto Basin side there's The Tackle Box or Butcher Hook.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:51 PM by cousinlll »

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Read it every week. It has been good their for past couple weeks. Bartlett for me is just a lot easier and closer. I have always wanted to go to apache ever since I got my ole boat just never found time. I think I might go up the Apache trail be down it from Rosy but never up it and never with a boat will see

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Liar's Korner then.  I'll be giving Roosevelt a try tomorrow but please post an Apache report as I'm courious…….

Offline Tacoma Guy

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:38 PM »
Hey guys,

I was at Apache last weekend.  I'm not sure what the fishing report said, but we didn't run into anyone that was catching crappie.  As a matter of fact, one of the guys who spends his winters on the water states he only catches on average one crappie a week while fishing with jigs or drifting minnows.  I did graph one group of crappie bunched together tight suspended 40 ft over 60 feet of water.  We tried drifting just minnows, jigs of every color we had, jigs tipped with minnows at the mouth of that cove and had not a bite between 5 different rods and nada.  Wish I had a better report.  Good luck to you. 

FYI, the bait/marina shop was not open.  Get them before you head out of town.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Thanks for the info TG  :thumbsup:  We have a small discussion going about this in the clubhouse.  Your info is what I expected to hear…..

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:16 AM »
Thanks Tacoma for tips.  I love that lake and hope to make it there sometime soon. 

ArZfisher - the only thing that comes close to a bait store is at the marina up at top level you can buy some stuff and then buy the boat ramp near marina you can get more tackle, rent boats, etc.  But it's been years and doubtful they have minnows.  Liars corner usually solid in having minnows and being open.  Good luck!  Send a report we are all interested.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 09:10 AM »
Well my sister did not make home from Prescott last night till after midnight. So I told her will just go next weekend. Thx for all the info. When I make it their one day don't expect to catch much being brand new lake to me. Really I want to go cruze around check it out and do a lil graphing then come back to do some serious slab catching.  But again thx for info. I'll probably be headed to Bartlett tomorrow if anyone going I'll see ya out their.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal