Author Topic: Spring Crappie-Fest 2014!  (Read 6818 times)

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
Re: Spring Crappie-Fest 2014!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 10:46 AM »
As for locks and things,,, I was at Harbor Freight and bought a Wireless Driveway Alert System. 3 C batteries and one 9 volt battery. Detects motion up to 30 ft away. The system makes a door bell sound when activated,,,
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 11:05 AM »
As for locks and things,,, I was at Harbor Freight and bought a Wireless Driveway Alert System. 3 C batteries and one 9 volt battery. Detects motion up to 30 ft away. The system makes a door bell sound when activated,,,
Interesting, and you point it towards boat?  This is a great idea!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 11:16 AM »

I have one of those, when it is warm out I had it false alarm at 2am in the morning and I went running out with my gun like Barney Fife only to find it had false alarmed? thinking heat waves or something set it off as there was no one around and it was set up to high for a cat to set it off :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 02:05 PM »
For under $20,,, it's a GREAT DEAL,, as for false alarms,,, you most likely had to pee anyway :3some: I was thinking to set it on the SUV roof??? Point towards valuables :violent-smiley-007: P.S. the alarm scared him away,,,, what,,, you think they are going to hang around???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:15 PM by o from wi »
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline mcelestine

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 08:06 AM »
How do you sign up. It'll be my first one

:) :sign0144:

Piscolli

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 06:14 AM »
Friday night is open BBQ along with chicken-fest. We have 2 big bags of Kingsford and the grills will be going for anyone that wants to use them.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Friday night is open BBQ along with chicken-fest. We have 2 big bags of Kingsford and the grills will be going for anyone that wants to use them.
I'll be BBQing.  Save some of those coals for 5-6pm timeframe.  I know chicken fest done at 4pm but my parents coming in later and we'll be BBQing in that later timeframe.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Didn't want to start a new topic but maybe should?  I figure this falls under the SCF 2014.

I'd like a full resolution picture of the SCF group picture we took preferably without Piscolli (kidding).  Now that was a great picture for sure and I thank Tom for making that happen.  Would be a nice tradition.   Or at least post the picture in the results or minutes post I'm assuming the pres or VP will send out later.

I dropped the ball on getting winners to sign the AZCA banner.  I just made a reminder list for the next derby so I'll make sure I have the marker and that it gets done - plus always a few other improvements.

Offline 59wizard

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 03:29 PM »
I'd like to extend a special thank you to the AZCA members on behalf of my family for an extraordinary camping weekend. Caleb and Carson had an absolute blast playing with the other kids who were so sweet to share their bikes and scooters with them. Watching them run around the campfire searching for "ghosts" with the night vision goggles was really entertaining.

Janice and I really enjoyed the BBQ and incredible array of pot luck dishes on Saturday.  The send off for Piscolli was very touching and you all showed what a great bunch of guys you are and why Bill has so much confidence in the club leadership moving forward.

I am discussing with Jan the possibility of finally becoming a member of AZCA after so many years.  The demands of raising our two young grandkids has made me hesitant to taking on any new responsibilities but after this weekend I'm thinking that membership might actually prove equally beneficial to my family.

Thank you all for your kindness and hospitality. This was a weekend we shall remember for the rest of our days.

Ed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal