Author Topic: Presidents Day depth finder/gps  (Read 8061 times)

Offline sandman

Presidents Day depth finder/gps
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:39 PM »
Finally broke down and upgraded my old Garmin.

We bought us a new Lowrance HDS-8 Gen2 with the LSS-2 sidescan package. Great reviews. Most likely will not have it installed before the Feb meeting next weekend.

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Presidents Day depth finder/gps
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29 AM »
Those are some nice electronics. I run a first gen HDS5X and love it. One question did happen to see or hear if old gen ones are compatible with the new gen2 ?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08 AM »
Glad you tried Lowrance.  A few of us have the Humminbirds so will be interesting to see some pics from a different brand.

Offline sandman

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:25 PM »
I've been using Garmin for a long time. They just kept delaying their sidescan and I'm impatient.

I had bad experiences with Humminbird and most likely will not buy another of their products.

Lowrance has always been well regarded so I figured that I would give them a try. Their imaging looked a little better and the 2yr warranty, 5yr support program and $300 rebate made the decision a little easier.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59 AM »
I've been using Garmin for a long time. They just kept delaying their sidescan and I'm impatient.

I had bad experiences with Humminbird and most likely will not buy another of their products.

me to with the humminbirds >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal