Author Topic: GPS Decisions  (Read 15960 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: GPS Decisions
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 08:52 AM »
imagine a future where your boat takes you to the spot, finds the fish, deploys fishing outriggers and line to the correct depth

This part of your imagination already exists……

Given what you have said, with Hummunbird/Minn Kota joining forces you can have a 800/900/1100 series units networked together along with a MK iLink/iPilot Terrova & a LakeMaster mapping chip in said units all working together.

Don't get me wrong here - Lowrance does have some very nice units and I encourage you to check them out also.

my 957 hates terrova :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Like people have said, you can always start out slow and add down the road via networking, at least with HBird. That is the route I went with my boat, although it was a tough decision in the end. I really liked the Lowrance touch technology. For me, the priority was the trolling motor, as I was upgrading from an almost 20 year old foot control 12/24 volt Evinrude. IMHO hard to beat what Minnkota has to offer. So being that Johnson Outdoors owns HBird, Minnkotta, and Lakemaster, my decision was easier. Good and bad, there is always new technology being developed out there. Either at a savings, or a price, depending on what you want to spend. As stated above, I would for sure buy the biggest screen you can afford now.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline 59wizard

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Like people have said, you can always start out slow and add down the road via networking, at least with HBird. That is the route I went with my boat, although it was a tough decision in the end. I really liked the Lowrance touch technology. For me, the priority was the trolling motor, as I was upgrading from an almost 20 year old foot control 12/24 volt Evinrude. IMHO hard to beat what Minnkota has to offer. So being that Johnson Outdoors owns HBird, Minnkotta, and Lakemaster, my decision was easier. Good and bad, there is always new technology being developed out there. Either at a savings, or a price, depending on what you want to spend. As stated above, I would for sure buy the biggest screen you can afford now.

Thanks for the info, looks like electronics will have to wait until after SCF. Picolli has been on me to get a receiver hitch so I'm doing that today instead. Guess I'll just have to follow you guys around and shark on your spots!!  :lol_hitting:
Ed

Piscolli

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 10:09 AM »
The hitch is way more important right now, good thinking  :thumbsup:

Offline 59wizard

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 10:04 AM »
The hitch is way more important right now, good thinking  :thumbsup:

Janice agrees, she is still pretty nervous about the whole boating thing so safety is real big for her right now. Next...insurance.
Ed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal