Author Topic: FISHING for Crappie from the shore  (Read 4197 times)

Offline meanlittleboy2

FISHING for Crappie from the shore
« on: February 22, 2014, 10:48 AM »
Hello,

For the crappie fishermen and women , who may not have access to  boat?  Is there any lakes where a person can fish from the shore, accessible?   I know most require a boat?? If anybody needs a partner to help pay expenses??I live in Tucson cortaro road and I 10,,will pay,,

Retired, v veteran,  65 years old       

Piscolli

Re: FISHING for Crappie from the shore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:35 PM »
Not really, maybe while they are spawning. Try the docks at Bartlett, Rattlesnake Cove or the marina at Roosevelt.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:22 PM »
I was thinking about your post as I was on my way home driving past the Tonto end of Roosevelt - Yes, shore fishing for Crappie might be better closer to the spawn.  And if your able to hike a bit & given the lake's current water level it's defiantly doable on that end of the lake as compared to areas at some of our other lakes.  Roosevelt's Crappie bite is tough & you'll have to work at it but it is possible - glass is always half full in this camp  :dontknow:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:28 AM »
there are numerous places to fish off shore in the area, castle creek arm of lake pleasant many people park on the dirt road and walk down to the water (when it gets to the under road tubes) and fish. Bartlett is a little tough to hike and fish from shore but as Piscolli stated the fishing dock has lots of habitat around it and can produce crappie, roosevelt with its low water you can access fishing areas driving off the school house launch ramp and park and walk or on the other end indian point is the same way drive down and park off end of launch and get out and hike the shore line area. Will be better for spawning time than the rest of the year but after crappie spawn they stay in the area feeding. Being your in Tucson it used to be quite productive to shore fish at san carlos lake but since it had the low water fish kill last year nobody knows how many crappie are left in the lake if any.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline meanlittleboy2

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:58 PM »
thanks for all who replied.  I have conkestive hf so I can't walk too far,,at the arena at roosevelt, they wont people fish off the docks?  thanks

Offline meanlittleboy2

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:04 PM »
If anyone from Tucson, who doesn't have a boat?Wants to go Crappie fishing in Apri, we could hook up and share expenses on a boat rental at Roosevelt for a day.  I would prefer to go during the week not on the weekend...I live on nw side of Tucson,,we could also go to Patagonia instead?   thanks Larry :director:  I think around the 10th of april crappie are at full spawn in most lakes in southern  az?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal