Author Topic: Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th  (Read 118171 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:40 AM »
Doing a 2 day camp and fish trip to Bartlett this coming Friday and Saturday, and without Wadefisheman to put us on the Slabs, everyone is counting one me.  Any advice?  If your out there, I'll be in a 16 tracker with a 9.9 Mercury. I'll be sure to post a full report on Sunday.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48 AM »
I may be up ---lake is changing as ea day passes---2 weeks ago ( which means nothing now)--Crappie were schooled in the channel , north of the No Wake buoys ( N lake)---slow trolling ( vertical) produced ---Slow--VERY slow---BBC or Minnows, naked--Good Luck----if you score --please call me 602-430-0166--this will help with a viable kitchen pass from Campn nana--

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Slight chance I'll head up there with my parents and kids.  Their spring break starts this Friday....  If I do, I'll post here my info.  I'd be camping SB Cove area.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:17 PM »
We should be in the SB to Flats area sometime around 7:30am on Friday. Trailer behind a big diesel Ram 4x4, my Tracker will be behind a dark green Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'll take any info anyone can share. The last time I fished Bartlett was 2 1/2 months ago when we were killing them around the island.

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Sounds like fun.  Need to convince myself and family we should go.  Can you purchase and tow a camper up there for me?  Tired of tent sleeping!  This would be the weekend to go as my next 2 trips are at places I don't catch fish.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:42 AM »
I headed up yesterday. Multiple wash outs on Bartlett Lake road with debris on the way in as far as Horseshoe Lake road. Then again on the way into the Yellow Cliffs launch. A grader was out on my way in which cleared Bartlett Lake road, but it was still pretty bad on the Yellow Cliffs access when I left at 6. Lake was down probably another two feet from when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Debris on the water everywhere, including some pretty big logs, so be aware of that. Most of the big stuff was between Alder Cove and Yellow Cliffs. Uplake is like chocolate soup. San Carlos style visibility. Water was clearer as soon as you get past the bend at SB cove. I only made it that way into Alder Cove, so not to sure how it was further down. Water surface temps were 61 to 64 through out the day. Started up in the river channel near the island and worked my way back down through cat bay all the way to alder cove. Tried various things, trolling minnows vertical/ long lining jigs/ casting jigs shallow/minnows on bobbers. Ended up with one nice male crappie finally about 430 vertically trolling minnows in about 13 FOW. Bite was very light, as I missed a couple trolling with jigs, and my line started swimming away from the boat when I got this one. I only had him in the live well for an hour, as I hoped to find more, but when I let him go he was pitch black. The shad were getting busted all over in the river channel, from 20 feet up to the shorelines.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:24 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Cool report Dave.  Thanks for sharing. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 05:47 PM »
I headed up yesterday. Multiple wash outs on Bartlett Lake road with debris on the way in as far as Horseshoe Lake road. Then again on the way into the Yellow Cliffs launch. A grader was out on my way in which cleared Bartlett Lake road, but it was still pretty bad on the Yellow Cliffs access when I left at 6. Lake was down probably another two feet from when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Debris on the water everywhere, including some pretty big logs, so be aware of that. Most of the big stuff was between Alder Cove and Yellow Cliffs. Uplake is like chocolate soup. San Carlos style visibility. Water was clearer as soon as you get past the bend at SB cove. I only made it that way into Alder Cove, so not to sure how it was further down. Water surface temps were 61 to 64 through out the day. Started up in the river channel near the island and worked my way back down through cat bay all the way to alder cove. Tried various things, trolling minnows vertical/ long lining jigs/ casting jigs shallow/minnows on bobbers. Ended up with one nice male crappie finally about 430 vertically trolling minnows in about 13 FOW. Bite was very light, as I missed a couple trolling with jigs, and my line started swimming away from the boat when I got this one. I only had him in the live well for an hour, as I hoped to find more, but when I let him go he was pitch black. The shad were getting busted all over in the river channel, from 20 feet up to the shorelines.

:wtf: :o geez I didn't think we got that much rain :dontknow: thanks for the report Dave
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Thanks Dave, awesome report out. I'll post what worked and what didn't first thing Sunday when I get home.

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39 PM »
OK FishMan and DesertRat, I am taking the kids and parents to Bartlett this weekend headed up Friday afternoon and staying two nights.  I be in a white suburban camping wherever I can get to in SB Cove without getting stuck.  Wonder if the rain has all soaked in enough.  Please stop by if you see me - I will have plenty of firewood for 2 nights.  A game of mafia surely will be played.

I'll be on the lake probably not until Saturday in an Alumacraft Tournament Sport with Mercury 125. 

I'll have my radio set to channel 7-1 (channel 7, subchannel 1) so give a shout out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal