Author Topic: Bartlett road  (Read 4056 times)

Offline KINGFISHER

Bartlett road
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Fished Bartlett 3-3-14.  Road in had lots of debris but crews working to clean it up.  Road into SB worse.  Reminded me of the pre asphalt days.  Unfortunately the fishing did not.   :crybaby2:
“In my circle of old friends there is no clear line between religion and crappie fishing”

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett road
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 09:23 AM »
Fished Bartlett 3-3-14.  Road in had lots of debris but crews working to clean it up.  Road into SB worse.  Reminded me of the pre asphalt days.  Unfortunately the fishing did not.   :crybaby2:

I don't think the county maintains the road into SB only the main road, have seen wash outs on the road in to SB lauch have debris on it for months :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:25 AM »
I was hoping to camp SB cove this weekend.  Sounds like questionable road getting there but if you got through there no reason I shouldn't.  But camping SB cove - wonder how the soil is if I'll sink in and get stuck or not. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:27 AM »
I was hoping to camp SB cove this weekend.  Sounds like questionable road getting there but if you got through there no reason I shouldn't.  But camping SB cove - wonder how the soil is if I'll sink in and get stuck or not.

just drive in extra slow you should be OK, most of that area at SB cove is packed down, remember it was under water not to long ago and drys out quick :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline KINGFISHER

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:26 AM »
You will be fine camping at SB.  It was being used back on 3/3.  May be with warmer temps the fishing will be better.  Hope springs eternal.
“In my circle of old friends there is no clear line between religion and crappie fishing”

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Matt, the road in is fine. Just take your time passing over the wash outs. Nothing worse than going to camp/fish at Apache Lake. As far as SB cove, when I was there there on Monday, there were a couple of camps set up in the same area we camped before. Should not be a problem for you at all.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:21 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal