Author Topic: Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th  (Read 118113 times)

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Yall better think about figuring Rosey out before SCF or Team Cream Puff will smoke ya!  :bootyshake:

:signspamani:  :sign0103: :signspamani:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Yall better think about figuring Rosey out before SCF or Team Cream Puff will smoke ya!  :bootyshake:

is that fishing :dontknow: or smoke coming out of the trolling motor :laugh:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 12:14 PM »

is that fishing :dontknow: or smoke coming out of the trolling motor :laugh:

Ouch

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 03:38 PM »

You guys are waisting your time & energy - I'm already on the fish!  Can you say TWO PEAT   :bootyshake: :-*   Repeat Repeat  :headbang:

Sorry for poaching your thread Fishman!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:48 PM by cousinlll »

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 07:51 PM »
This thread has gone everywhere. Ok, so due to some not so great events to an awesome friend, we lost our sleeping arrangement for this trip. Instead, I spent the day on Saguaro bed fishing for that other species of fish. Awesome day, 20+.......but the real news to report! is back behind the marina! we found about a dozen or so black crappie stacked up around some horizontal structure. Tried as I might to get one to strike, no luck. All in about 12 foot of water, could not see any nesting, but made me excited to see.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Very good job at getting us back on track with your report Tom!!  Interesting stuff right thereā€¦.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 05:50 AM »
This thread has gone everywhere. Ok, so due to some not so great events to an awesome friend, we lost our sleeping arrangement for this trip. Instead, I spent the day on Saguaro bed fishing for that other species of fish. Awesome day, 20+.......but the real news to report! is back behind the marina! we found about a dozen or so black crappie stacked up around some horizontal structure. Tried as I might to get one to strike, no luck. All in about 12 foot of water, could not see any nesting, but made me excited to see.

as in "male crappie that were black"? or crappie staging, ya 12' of water is a little deep for spawning especially with the water still cool?

thanks for the report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 05:57 AM »
I just hope that if folks start catching Crappie at Sag they release them and let them spawn.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 08:32 AM »
I just hope that if folks start catching Crappie at Sag they release them and let them spawn.

+1 great news. thanks

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Let me see if I can enhance on what I said and answer everyone's question. The fish I saw were all suspended, we were in 12 feet of water, and they were holding about 6 feet down on a horizontal structure (brace holding dock structure apart).  There were beds under them, but they were bass beds, with bass in them. I ran and jigged a Curley tail through and over them about 20 times, and didn't get one to even flinch. There was probably 10-12 of them and they were very dark, just like the one I shared from last week in the Saguaro report, and yes I released him. They were actualy eating or picking things off of the grass/alge growing on the structure. Very cool to watch the behavior.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal