Author Topic: Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th  (Read 118700 times)

Offline CaptainMorgan3

Re: Bartlett 2 day trip March 7th and 8th
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Caught nothing yesterday afternoon.  Went to night Fishing under lights.  Caught 20 or more fish. 6 Crappie.  Some bass as well.  I am fishing next to a cove outside of the no wake zone.  It is pretty tough during the day with the speedboats.  Night fishing was very good fish for about six hours..  Outboard motor took a shit on me switched to electronic only.  Will probably spend the rest of the day charging up batteries for the night fish. 

P.s.
It's a good thing I'm posting on here or else this wouldn't even be a fishing report on Bartlett lake at all.  If anyone wants to join me my boat registration number is above in previous posts come by tonight I'll be happy to show you what I'm doing where I'm going and what I'm using.  peace out from BARTLETT lake.  Haha

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Let me see if I can enhance on what I said and answer everyone's question. The fish I saw were all suspended, we were in 12 feet of water, and they were holding about 6 feet down on a horizontal structure (brace holding dock structure apart).  There were beds under them, but they were bass beds, with bass in them. I ran and jigged a Curley tail through and over them about 20 times, and didn't get one to even flinch. There was probably 10-12 of them and they were very dark, just like the one I shared from last week in the Saguaro report, and yes I released him. They were actualy eating or picking things off of the grass/alge growing on the structure. Very cool to watch the behavior.

Interesting, thanks for the info
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 03:32 PM »
So my parents and kids camped SB Cove Fri and camped two nights.  Water way low.  Fished Saturday primarily trolling jigs in shallow areas by buoy line, Alder cove, and several other coves.  Cast to shore a lot and after morning of nada crappie we shifted to fishing fish X with some plastics and had fun doing that -- although my dad still caught more with BBC tipped with minnow.  Wind was annoying for most of the afternoon on Saturday but wasn't a big deal by the buoy line but worse camping at the cove.  Tent didn't survive and about packed up Sat night to leave.  Couldn't turn down the kids' desire to play mafia and sleep the night there so we sucked it up roped the tent down a little and made it work.  Down that we didn't get any crappie.  That's 2 trips in a row for me.

Capt morgan - missed you this trip. maybe next one.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 08:49 PM »
So what are the rules and strategy of "mafia".....and keep in mind I am an Italian NY'er?
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06 AM »
if they told you ...well you know.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal