Author Topic: Rosey Recon Mission 3-8-14  (Read 14481 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: Rosey Recon Mission 3-8-14
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Long line trolled yesterday on the Tonto end ( first crappie fishing since last years SCF) for four hours and boated 2 crappie, a 2 lb female and a turning black male and 4 largemouth bass. We used jigs tipped with minnows over 22 to 48 feet of water.........Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Long line trolled yesterday on the Tonto end ( first crappie fishing since last years SCF) for four hours and boated 2 crappie, a 2 lb female and a turning black male and 4 largemouth bass. We used jigs tipped with minnows over 22 to 48 feet of water.........Art
Thanks Art!  Staying deeper huh?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 05:16 AM »
weather channel forecast saying sustained winds today 21mph gusting to 30mph sooo I ain't going today (so probably will be totally calm today) :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Yesterday we did the same LLT method as Monday and lost 1 crappie and 1 bass. End result: zippo.........Art

Offline jdavis

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 08:12 PM »
I was there yesterday and the storm cloud that rolled in brought wind and made us change a few things to get out of the wind but we have been catching quite a few crappie this year trolling and we don't fish as deep as you seem to fish. We like to come just out from where we know they are going to spawn and keep everything real slow just above brush. We caught crappie steady for most of the day yesterday. We use homemade jig rigs that have really upped our catch rates over the past two years maybe that is helping us.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:47 AM by Piscolli »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 05:49 AM »
nice report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 06:02 AM »
yo jdavis. I like to do my own rigs too. maybe you've heard of the casa grande rig.  :laugh: anyway I always like to check out others creations. what do you do for your rigs. mine are like a beetle spin with different blades, single and double jigged. what do you do to yours?

Offline jdavis

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Mine are jigs with blades under them similar to roadrunner but quite a bit different in that the jig heads are different colors, sizes 1/64- 1/16, and are round these are homemade. We used to use roadrunner but wanted more versatility with a better looking jig head.  I use different color blades from gold, silver or copper willow leafs to copper or silver round blades all different sizes I have a box full of at least 150 ready to switch out blades. Sometimes you can troll in shallower water at a slow speed and the right blade will help keep the jig above the bushes. I've been fishing where we are catching fish and as the sun changes it's directions our bite changes to different color blades. We always start with different color jig heads and blades and adjust accordingly. 

Piscolli

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 07:18 AM »
maybe you've heard of the casa grande rig.

:lol_hitting:

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 07:46 AM »
thx jr. ive found that walleye blades with assorted color and flash don't do well with the crappies. im a nickel color fan with the red hooks and recently have gone primarily with the white fluorescent eye 1/16th road runner as the go to unit. but the beatle spin configuration is my fave. I recently scored some small blades that they say to just slide on the line before the jig. they are small willows in nick gold chart and pink. ill be going with nick before a 116 green redhooked jig to start my next trip. help me out dude what configurations keep a jig higher? the round ones, with willows dropping deeper I presume?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal