Author Topic: 12-27-2010 Crappie Report  (Read 1369 times)

Piscolli

12-27-2010 Crappie Report
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I sent this to Rory at G&F this morning fro his weekly fishing report:

The storms last week slowed thing down everywhere but Alamo. With more bad weather on the way later this week, it will be a little tough to find active Crappie. If youíre going out this weekend be prepared for a very light bite. Use the lightest rod, line and baits you can and you will have a better chance to feel it when they do strike.

Alamo: There are still some pretty darn good bags coming from this little jewel. Some friends of mine from the west side have been going there a lot lately. I and think the worst day they had was a dozen. Another buddy from Anthem caught 19 yesterday. One angler yesterday reported catching 29. He didnít say what lake but he was spotted at Alamo. This is a great time of year for Alamo, and although itís a bit of a drive for those of us in the east valley (150 miles from Bass Pro Shops), it is well worth it. Try trolling grubs up in the river end over the sunken trees. 

Bartlett: It slowed down but Crappie are still being caught. Me and Big Joe Cohen from Bass Pro Shops fished it last Monday and got 6. Another AZCA member is catching between 6 and 20 on a regular basis. And another guy I know is catching 10 or so every time out. Try trolling grubs and cranks near Cat Bay and Alder.

Pleasant: Sorry, nothing to report.

Roosevelt: Fishing School House on the Salt River end slowed down big time. Numbers went from the 20ís to single digits after that last front. I talked to a guy from Globe yesterday that caught 6 on Christmas day. It may be time to try some different areas like Windy Hill or Haystack. However, in my experience it takes 3 to 4 days for Rosey to turn back on after a storm. So be patient, Iím sure that the School House area will be hot again soon.

San Carlos: I havenít heard anything for a week now. But gear up, SC should go nuts real soon. Trolling grubs and cranks shallow near Old San Carlos point was a good pattern last year.

Remember that there is more to fishing than catching big numbers. Get out and enjoy our beautiful desert lake. Share info with others and learn from them as well. You donít have to give away your trade secrets, just share some basic info to get them started in right direction. For every tip Iíve given to someone, Iíve got 2 back from others. If we all practice good sportsmanship and obey the rules, there will be plenty of slabs for everyone.

For more information on Crappie Fishing and the Arizona Crappie Association, please visit our website at www.azcrappie.com. Or you can always come visit me at Bass Pro Shops in Mesa.

To protect our sport the Arizona Crappie Association practices and promotes the immediate release of all Crappie under 10Ē in length.

Bill (Piscolli) Eveland
AZCA/ BPS

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 12-27-2010 Crappie Report
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 10:31 AM »
That sounds about right to me! I really wish I had some reports to add! Maybe I'll take some of my Christmas gift cards and purchase a pair of new batteries for my trolling motor.