Author Topic: Roosevelt 3/22  (Read 16216 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt 3/22
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 05:39 AM »
That would be great if Alamo had the facilities to comfortably host as large of a group as SCF draws. Patti and I both enjoy fishing that lake and the campsites are nice. They just need more large ramadas.

they have the large ramada at the group camp site C I think but there is no power etc. for the rigs but power I believe at the ramada, we used to use it for tournament and that is where the alamo clean up is held with the dinner and raffle.

what the lake really needs is some water!!!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 07:14 AM »
Alamo has a group site if I recall.

I think as has done before, put up the location preference for BHC and SCF to a vote.  Biggest issue is how early in advance we have to make that decision to get the group site reserved.  If we were to mention Alamo 2 months ago I'm pretty sure not much was getting caught there, Bartlett was hot, and Rosey was well Rosey.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18 AM »
Making a bit of a left turn from your original post Matt but according to Alamo Lake's website, there are two group sites both are close to the Cholla Ramp.  Somebody should check them out (including a few pics) on their next trip out there for future consideration.

Group Areas
Two group camping areas are available for reservations. Call the park directly to reserve. Group Area 1 has one 60 X 20 ramada, one large barbeque grill, vault toilet, and a fire pit. There is a $25 facility use fee for this area and a $15 a night per vehicle fee. Group Area 2 has one 20 X 20 ramada, one large BBQ grill, chemical toilets and a fire pit. There is a $15 facility use fee for this area and a $15 a night per vehicle fee.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:20 AM by cousinlll »

Offline sandman

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 08:21 AM »
For some reason, I thought that it was just that huge flat parking area at the top of the ramp. I need to get out there more often :)

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:40 AM »
For some reason, I thought that it was just that huge flat parking area at the top of the ramp. I need to get out there more often :)

That's also what I remember

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38 AM »
If I remember there was a group site on the way down to Cholla ramp on the left. No idea on power and/or water like in campsite C

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:41 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

wadefisherman

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37 PM »
For the amount of the fee it would better to book multiple sites in one of the other areas (c or b) for a couple of bucks more it would be more feasible to get indidual sites with water and electric. This might be something to discuss at the meeting. Did not mean to hijack the thread. Besides who knows what Alamo will be like this fall, the lake water level is still falling. Might not be able to launch by then.

Offline sandman

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 04:58 AM »
Definitely something to look at. We just need to get some quotes and compare all aspects.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 07:47 AM »

ya that big group site I think it is C is just before you start down the hill to the ramp it is on the left side (hell buddy had to park up there last year :o) because the parking lot was full at cholla and main ramp was closed, it is a large gravel flat area (no trees) it has a large ramada and a nice rest room, no power out to the camping area but power at the ramada I think there are grills there? We used to put 150-200 people there for the Gary Pykare fund raiser bass tournament there and the alamo lake clean up starts and finishes there. There is developed camp sites with power, showers etc. right back up the hill a couple hundred yards away. Picture of the ramada at that group camp site, nice area.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:57 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline jdmej1

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 08:14 PM »
I had these by noon.  :bootyshake:

@wadefisherman Where were these caught?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:16 PM by jdmej1 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal