Author Topic: Roosevelt Lake / AZGFD Meeting -- Re: Gizzard shad and fish stocking  (Read 18366 times)

Offline Papermouth

For those interested, fisheries personnel from AZGFD will be discussing the gizzard shad invasion and potential stocking efforts at Roosevelt lake.

The meeting will be hosted in Punkin Center at the elementary school at 6PM, on Thursday March 27th.

Voices for crappie are needed, hope to see you there.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Papermouth

Bump. See some of you in a few hours.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Have fun and give those crappie a voice!!!
 :fish:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Think there were 5 crappie club members at the meeting, will let Shea put out the information on what happened at the meeting when he returns from fishing at roosevelt . Everyone was civil, guess some of the past meetings got a little heated at times :dontknow:, this meeting was real positive lots of things planned for crappie and bass, big thing is $$ and getting all the approval from different federal authorities.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:40 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Thanks for repping up there. Wish I could have made it, but scheduling conflicts with work made that a no go. Eager to hear the report.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Agree was a good meeting, lot of great info very glad I went.  Think AZCA may have been the best represented organization there.  We all got some packets we can bring to the next meeting as well if folks are interested in the data that was presented.  On our way home Wheathin and I discussed one of the help needed's the G&F is looking for in regards to the habitat project and if our special projects leader doesn't mind we'd like to chip in helping gather some data for it during the spring event.

Offline WheatThin

Meeting went well, I have a clear change of heart of what I thought they do or would be willing to do.  Like Bruce said, a lot of this will end up being bog money.  We still need a voice though as the first initiatives are slated to bass since they have been the most concerned in the past and well frankly bring in the money with big tournaments.  Good things to come and am excited to hear Shea's point of view as well.  As kevin stated, they did ask for our help, we plan to do something at SCF provided we aren't stepping on Shea's toes or who knows maybe he is a step ahead of us. 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Great to hear.  By the way, someone can now remove the link on the top right of this page.

Offline Papermouth

Re: Roosevelt Lake / AZGFD Meeting -- Re: Gizzard shad and fish stocking
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Sorry for the last minute notice but it doesn't appear the G&F has advertised this very well, tonight is the follow-up meeting regarding the Roosevelt Lake: Gizzard shad reduction/Florida St. bass stocking efforts. The meeting will be held at the Tonto Basin Chamber of Commerce just a couple miles south of Punkin Center at 6:00PM. Hope to see some of you there. Thank you, Fishless, for sharing the meeting time and location.

Offline Papermouth

Re: Roosevelt Lake / AZGFD Meeting -- Re: Gizzard shad and fish stocking
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Flyer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal