Author Topic: Roosevelt 3/28-3/29  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Papermouth

Roosevelt 3/28-3/29
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Fighting outboard troubles again.  :banghead: Managed to troll around with electric for a while though.

Caught 4 nice crappies on Friday after dealing with the outboard and trolling a lot of non-productive water. Using knowledge from Friday, caught 9 more on Saturday. Off the water both days by 12pm. Fish were scattered on the Tonto end and some of the strikes were so light I had to feed out line several times and one fish I worked for 5 minutes before I managed to stick 'er in her paper mouth, I was hootin' and hollerin' after, had folks hundreds of yards away that had to have thought I was nuts, and I am. :violent1:

All fish caught were females with eggs with the exception of one throwback 10" male. The male was getting to be black but not primetime and the females eggs varied in size and maturity.

Let's hope for the sake of SCF that the winds this week don't shut the fishing back down. Cloudy and not to windy for SCF but wind all this week.

Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Roosevelt 3/28-3/29
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Thanks Papermouth - haven't heard of anyone catching that many crappie in Roosevelt in awhile.  Great job.

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:13 AM »
Thanks Papermouth - haven't heard of anyone catching that many crappie in Roosevelt in awhile.  Great job.

There are people catching them, they just don't all report in on this site right before SCF :)

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:32 AM »
I agree. I still think there are plenty of fish to be caught, for everyone.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Way to persevere and get on some fish :notworthy:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 05:06 AM »
WOW!! Shea you must have nightmares about outboard motors :o sorry to hear it is still acting up, long drive and camp to find out chit ain't working right, glad you got into some fish, I don't think I will pre-fish anymore before saturday with the wind predictions and cool temps all week :crybaby2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal