Author Topic: Going to Alamo for first time-Advice  (Read 108699 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Going to Alamo for first time-Advice
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 09:08 AM »
If I decided to save a few bucks and camp remote, can I launch this 12' aluminum from the shore pretty easily, like back my pick up to shore without any issues.

I looked at another website and saw some pics of boats tied up to some older trees sticking up

Are these still there, and if so where? Looking for CRAPPIE!!!!!!

Also, I'm bringing coleman lantern and propane stove to cook up a few things, what's the firewood situation for small fire Friday night.

I'm real excited about fishing this desert lake!

Thanks - oldazcoach - BTW, I coached football for 25 years, still teach. :thumbsup:

some wood laying around the hold high water mark (drift wood) not much other wood around mostly creasote and palo verde type trees still alive, don't break off wood from standing trees near the lake or on the water that is fish habitat when the lake goes back up, you can launch easy off many of the shoreline up lake remote camping gravel sandy shore line
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline oldazcoach

Re: Going to Alamo for first time-Advice
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 10:08 AM »
Well I made it to Alamo Friday, got late start because of my significant other (Imagine that-LOL)

Got tent up and the wind picked up significantly, didn't get boat out

Got on water around Sat morning, used jigs and such by stick ups no luck

Son in law and his son showed around 9:00, they went our with no crappie but he id land a 2  lb large mouth

Had a great time

Thanks for the info guys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal